02

- skyler morgan (two weeks later)

when the final bell rang, i gathered all my pens and shoved them in my light pink pouch. once i put that in my backpack, i stood up and walked out of the classroom. i decided to go to the restroom before meeting my brother in the front. after i was done doing my business, i quickly washed my hands and walked out the restroom.

the hallway was slightly empty. all of a sudden i heard voices. i followed the voices and my heart dropped to my stomach and i gasped when i saw him pinned against some lockers by two guys.

"..s-stop." he pleaded. one of the guys punched him in the jaw and i lost it.

"what the fuck are you doing? leave him alone!" i grabbed one of the guys by the shoulder and pushed him back with all my strength.

"woah there. you're lucky your little girlfriend was here to save your ass," the other guy huffed as they turned around and walked away. i turned my attention to him and he had his head down. it looked like he was going to burst into tears any second.

"are you okay?" i asked softly. i reached his lip to wipe off the blood, but he flinched back and closed his eyes tightly which instantly made my heart ache. "hey, hey, hey i am not going to hurt you. trust me," i rubbed his arm and he softly opened his eyes giving me a weak smile.

"do you want to go to my house? i have a first aid kit i can clean you up... but only if you want to." he nodded.

"what's your name?" i asked as we started walking.

"y-yoandri. yoandri cabrera."

"wow that's a beautiful name."

"thank you," he smiled weakly.

we were in the front of the school and i spotted ale. he saw us walking towards him and he whispered, "who's this and why is he bleeding?" "i'll tell you everything later. i'm taking him home."

"woah woah woah, do you even know this guy?" he asked.

"that's not the point! let's just go."

-

the car ride i couldn't help but notice yoandri texting his mom.

to mom💞; mama i'm going to be home a little later than usual

from mom💞; okay baby. is everything okay?

to mom💞; well..

from mom💞; yoandri, baby, what happened?

to mom💞; they picked on me again.

from mom💞; again? are you okay? did they hurt you? i think you should really consider about transferring.

again?

to mom💞; i already told you i don't want to transfer. i hate change. i don't wanna be the weird new kid. but yes, i'm okay, kinda... but a really nice girl helped me.

tears spilled out from his eyes and fell onto his phone. the sound of his sniffles were only heard.

from mom💞; i have to go yoandri but you are not weird. please take care and remember that i love you.