10

- skyler morgan

it's friday now. yoandri hasn't responded. we've said hello here and there but that's it. this is kind of killing me.

i was laying down on my bed listening to music. my phone vibrated. i quickly glanced to check the notification and my heart instantly dropped.

yoandri :(💛
text message

i didn't know what to do so i went to ale's room. i thought he'd help me.

"ale what should i do?"

"on what? what happened?"

"so remember the text i sent yoandri the other day?"

"what text?" he thought for a moment, "oh! yeah i remember."

"he sent me a message right now should i open it?"

"well duh! are you dumb?"

"okay fine!"

i went to the messages app, and clicked on his name. i closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

yoandri :(💛; okay, i'm ready to tell you. when can i see you?

"oh shoot what should i say! help!"

"okay you should tell him today you know. just get over it."

sky💓; today is fine. where should we meet up?

yoandri :(💛; do you know the little coffee shop that's across the street from the dog park?

sky💓; yes

yoandri :(💛; okay we'll meet there. around 6:30 ?

sky💓; yes that's fine. see you.
read 1:32 pm

"you should really change his contact. it's bothering me." ale said.

"eh i'm too lazy"

"oh wow. so much work to change a contact," he said.

later

i was having trouble on deciding what to wear. i finally came to the decision on wearing black jeans, a striped shirt, an over-sized jean jacket with my old skool vans.

i was super nervous. alejandro dropped me off and i bought myself a coffee before i sat down. i was drawing imaginary circles on the table when yoandri suddenly sat down. my heart started to beat fast.

"hey," he said.

it's so weird hearing his voice. it feels like so long.

"hi," i smiled and looked down, fiddling with my thumbs.

"so... i'm going to tell you this but before i do, i think you should know a bit more about me."

"okay, go on," i told him.

"so of course you know about those guys who... beat me up. they've been bothering me ever since freshman year. we had barely started to become friends, but i don't know what snapped into them. they just became cruel to me. it's only me though, nobody else."

he looked at me, and i nodded, reassuring him.

"anyway, enough about them... i'm an only child, so it's me and my mom against the world," he chuckled, "i love her a lot. she really cares about me, although that can be annoying sometimes."

"wow i wish i can be close to my mom. she's always working. but i don't mind, i know she's doing it for my brother and i," i sighed. "but what were you going to tell me?"

"i thought i was sick before i started to become distant..."

"were you?" i asked.

"i thought i was... it turns out... i-im in love with you, skyler."