03

- skyler morgan

"sit on the counter," i told him.

he did as i said, and i bent down and opened the counter to get the first aid kit. his hands were still shaking. first i wiped the dry blood with a wet paper towel. then i got a cotton ball and put some alcohol onto it and dabbed it on his wounds. he flinched as he felt the stinging sensation. i grabbed another paper towel, folded it into a square shape, got it damp and started to wipe his face just to cool him off.

i had noticed that he had his eyes closed, and his chest was rising up and down pretty fast. my eyes looked down to his lips. he opened his eyes and i quickly looked down.

"y-you didn't have to do all this for m-me" he spoke.

"it's okay. i wanted to," i smiled.

"t-thank you...uh-"

i stared at him blankly before realizing, "oh! i'm skyler. but you can call me sky."

"thank you, s-sky," he pulled me into a hug and hugged him back.

-

"so that's him!" alejandro said.

"yeah," i smiled. i had just told him the whole story and looking at his face, i can tell he's very excited for me.

"my sister has found love! how exciting! okay so when is wedding? how many kids are you hav-"

"oh my gosh chill! i barely know his name!"

"whatever, but you still need to find out his grade. what if he's a senior and you're never going to see him again?"

"no. i don't think he's a senior. he doesn't look that old," i told him.

"and after what happened today, i'm pretty sure you guys are at least friends or something."

"yeah... but even if it wasn't him getting picked on i still would have helped."

"yes and that's why i love you!!" he wrapped his arm around me. i giggled.

"mom and dad won't be here for like another two hours you wanna have a movie night?" he asked.

"duh! movie nights are the best nights."

we grabbed blankets and snacks as lilo and stitch was on. i couldn't help but think about yoandri.