Sans x reader (thousand years [Song fic])

It was three in the afternoon and Papy hadn't left his room, which is out of character for him, but doesn't everyone need a day off. The house is quite, almost too quite. Well that is until a certain skelly bro fell down the stairs. I ran over to the stairs to find Papyrus lying on the ground with a blanket rapped around him and a blushed(?)  complexion. Wait how is he blushing, I didn't think they could blush. "Papy! Are you okay honey?!" I,while  not meaning too, yell at the slim monster. "I'M SO SORRY HUMAN BUT I WAS GOING TO GO ALPHYS'S LAB TO BE FIXED.  IF IT IS NOT TO MUCH TO ASK MAY YOU PLEASE HELP ME?" Papyrus finished the sentence with a loud sneeze. 

By five I was on my way back home, well I mean the skelly bro's house seeing as I live with them since the barrier was broken. I just love those two so much. Alphys's was able to help with Papyrus but the unfortunate part was that he had to stay at Alphys's house or lab. Which is kind of weird because I acutely like sans. I mean you could go as far as to say that I love him. I groan with frustration as I walk into the house "Hey sans I got some mildly bad news for ya" I yell out. With a flash of light blue and a bright white I see Sans in front of me. "What's up kid" He smiles at me. "Well Papy is at Alphys's because he had a cold. Alphys said that he should be fine so don't worry." I say with a worried smile. I know that when something bad happens to Papy, Sans can become a huge worry wort. It can be cute but I hate to see him in that state. "Oh that's fine, he has a high HP so it won't take him that long to recover." He walks over to the couch and motions for me to come and sit with him.

This leaves me baffled. Sans hardly ever acts this way. Well, maybe he is right, maybe Papy is quick to fight off colds. Sans doesn't seem worried so I guess it's fine. Hopefully he's not trying to hide it. I look over at him and he seems to be alright. Maybe tonight won't be that awkward. Maybe it'll be like two friends hanging out.  

We ended up watching Dane Cook  until it was seven at night. "Well I don't know about you but I'm hungry. Want me to head over to Grillby's can get something." I say as I stand up and straighten my shirt. "Can you get a burge for me."He lazily says back. "Alright be right back with an order of two burge." I say with a smirk as I grab my coat and walk out the door.  

The walk to Grillby's was longer than the time it took me to order the food. I decided to pay for the food instead of put it on sans's already large tab. I was speed walking on the way back when my feet started to get cold. 'I swear if I don't get back soon my feet will freeze off.' Just as my thought had finished I  seen that I was standing at the door. 

Heart beats fast

I enter the door to hear a rather deep voice singing a song that I haven't heard in forever. At first I'm taken aback as I stand on the door. My coat slowly slides down my body and then I place it on a rack.The door is closed quietlty so that the owner of the voice doesn't hear me. I begin to walk to the hall, dropping our food off on the couch, and the voice got louder and stronger as if he had a new found confidence. The song continued and as I reached Sans's door.  

Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt, suddenly goes away somehow

I can see Sans through his door because of the small gap he had left in it. His body is tense but somehow at the same time free. His voice doesn't falter, his, dare I say,  very soul is being pour into every note and it makes my heart melt. This is possibly the best cover I have ever heard. 

One step closer

I step closer to the door as He continues to sing. It's like he's a siren in disguise. How could I have never known that he had such a beautiful voice. 

I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more 

I stand at the door, watching the unsuspecting skeleton continue his song.  His whole being flowing through the air and drifting into my ears. My heart rate quickens as I nudged  the door on accident. Sans doesn't lose focus on the song as I slowly lean back from the door. Then I notice something that sends me soul flying. 

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything, take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath, every hour has come to this

Sans is holding a picture of me and him.  It was when we had finally made it to the surface and I choice the true ending. No more resets, no more genocide, no more neutral. This was it. This was the last play and my life has been just as adventurous. Now the only thing I'm scared of is my true feelings for sans. All though right now that fear doesn't really exist. 

One step closer

My feet shuffle back up to the door. For some reason I no longer fear sans catching me. The thought is almost thrilling. His back was turned to the door so it allowed me to sneak my face next to the gap. 

I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

My breath hits the door and lightly reflex onto my face. The hot air doesn't seem to help with the blood that was rushing to my face causing a deep red blush to dust over my cheeks. 

And all along I believed, I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more 

My hand clasps around the cold metal of the door nob and I find myself pushing it more open. My heart beat almost drowns out Sans's singing. I know that my face is red but that's not holding me back. Please Sans don't turn around. You do and I'll have a heart attack. 

One step closer
One step closer

'Okay, just one step closer and then turn and run like hell' I think to myself. Goodness this damn plan is going to get me killed or at least hated by Sans.  My fear rushes back with the thought of Sans seeing me. 

I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

The song is almost done, what am I doing he could turn around and find me any second now. I begin to mentally yell at myself. Sans still continues to sway to the music in his head. My heart races and my mind hatches another great plan. 

And all along I believed, I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years

I walk up behind the unknowing skeleton to the point that I could hug him with ease. My head leans forward and the words drift out of my mouth as a clap. 

I'll love you for a thousand more

Sans turns on his heal hiding the picture behind his back. "Oh, Hey kiddo, um... How much of that did you see and hear?" He asks with his left eye socket starting to glow. The blue blush begins to cover his cheekbones. 

I smile and place my hand on his arm. "I seen most of it and heard all of it, Sans, why that song and why were you holding the picture of me?" I know why I just want to here the shorty say it. After my sentence is said Sans begins to fiddle with his hoodie, his finger's tugging and inspecting the soft fabric and zipper. "You see, um... I have this... hmm... feeling that only happens when I'm around you or thinking of you,.. It's  like when you leave I go back to being my depressed self but when your around I couldn't be happier. I don't need stupid puns to make myself feel better, a smile from you caused by me being a bone head  makes me feel like my wish bone finally started working. (Y-N) I think I love you."  

My heart skipped a beat and my (f/c) soul lit up. "Sans I love you too." And Cue the fangirling. I can't believe this is happening. Sans, the amazing, handsome, funny skeleton loves me. I rush to give Sans a hug and in making the brash moment causes both me and him to fall on to his bed. I lean on my fore arms with has me hovering over the blue blushing 'bonehead'. A small laugh irrupts from his rib cage as his left hand meets my face, the other resting on my hip, "I love you, kiddo" His smile seems to grow and that's when I kiss him. A spark of blue magic lights up us both and I feel amazing. A surge of new energy rushes through me and flows into Sans and vise versa. As we both pull away a shock sets off against are lips "Wow, what a shocking experience." I blurt out only to see my skelly boyfriend laugh. "Hey, that's my job." He wraps his arms around me and I lay next to him. Thank my lucky stars that I had that plan.