This is Goodbye

I opened the heavy front door of the mansion, not sure who exactly would be on the other side.

But I sure wasn't expecting it to be him!

"La Fu?"

"Belle?" His eyes bugged out as he looked me up and down. He was always a shorter fellow, poor guy had to look up to see my face. "Your...but...what are you wearing."

I completely forgot I was literally decked in gold. I smoothed my dress under my hands. "Whats wrong with it?"

"Nothing."!He said. "If your a member of the royal court! That dress probably cost more than our entire village!"

I rolled my eyes. "How did you find me?" I asked skeptically.

He blinked at me. "How did I find you." He repeated mockingly. "Lets see. I spent about 2 weeks searching the forest high and low, encountered all sorts of wild dogs and bats and-" he shivered "-bugs...I nearly starved to death, I'm frozen to the bone, and to top it all off, I finally found you, to see that your perfectly fine and definitely NOT the prisoner of some made up beast." He looked so angry, you could see the smoke coming out of his ears. "So in other words I wasted my time!"

"Wha-" I was taken back. "You came here to rescue me?"

"Duh."

"But Why? You said you have been looking for weeks. I have been gone for over 6 months!"

He sighed, rubbing his hands over face. "We got a letter from the city hospital...it was from your father."

"Is he alright?" I asked hurriedly.

"....No." he answered. "He is not dead, but he is dying." He said, not looking into my eyes.

I could physically feeling my heart breaking. My father was dying, and I have been here playing dress up. With that man that took my freedom no less.

I turned away, feeling water stinging my eyes.

"It isn't too late, Belle. Gaston is taking care of him since you have been...Away."

I put my hand over my mouth. Gaston? Being kind?

"He's the one who sent me to find you. He knows how much your father means to you. You should be there in his final days."

"I-" my throat became dry all of a sudden. "I can't. I know how things may seem, but I am a prisoner here. I cannot just leave whenever I wish."

"You cant come? Or you won't?"  My face distorted and he let out a scoff. "This place, prisoner or not beats our busted ol' town any day. Look at you! I bet your just as happy as a queen in her castle."

"No...its not like that!"

"You know, Maurice told us a hideous beast lived here. But maybe the old man is delusional, aye Belle? Maybe he's really a handsome devil, and  you fallen in love with him, and THATS why you wont leave."

"No. You don't  know what your talking about! I love my Papa more than anyone!"

"Then leaving wouldn't even be an option."

I let out a tense breath. I didn't know what to do. Me and Adam were just starting to getting along. He will be heart broken.