Chapter 23

Oh my god. I am going to kill him. I bet you it's about what happened the night faith almost died.

"What do you mean?" I ask just to make sure.

"About the night faith got shot" mom says and my eyes bug out of my head. He told him the whole story.

"It was an accident. I'm sorry" I say. Jace gets up and goes behind them and I watch him.

"What was an accident?" Dad says. Jace starts mouthing some words. He's trying to tell me something. Mom and dad keep asking me what the accident was. He says it over and over and I finally understand what he's saying. He's saying 'I didn't tell them about the fucking'. So I have to make up excuse. He goes to get some water from the kitchen to play it off.

"I didn't mean to invite Grayson over. There was something going on at home."

"It's okay. We can't stop you from seeing him. We're sorry for flipping out at you and telling you what you can and can't do in your relationship. We shouldn't been invading it" mom says and I'm surprised.

"It's okay. And I'm sorry for making a scene at burgatory. Wait you said that you shouldn't be invading our relationship?"

"Yea I did. Under one condition."

"And what's that?"

"If you don't do anything sexual, please."

"Okay. I won't. And haven't." I look at Jace.

We all sit and watch tv for most of the night. Mom and dad go up to bed and I'm curious to see what Jace said to them about what happened.

"What did you tell them?"

"Well I didn't say you and Grayson fucked and I didn't say that me and faith were on the counter. I scrubbed that by the way." We both laughed.

"Okay good. I don't want to be eating her ass in my food"

"I do" and he winks.

"JACE GROSS" I slap him and laugh.

"No seriously what did you tell them?"

"I said that me and faith were watching a movie and you two came back from school and you didn't like that I was with a girl. Then you hung out with us and you went upstairs to do something and Grayson was in the bathroom and both of you ran outside to help."

"Wow. How did you come up with that?!"

"I've been lying for years del"

"Oh. Teach me your ways!"

"Hahahah I will"

"Are you guys dating?"

"Yea. 7 months." Woah wait. He's never told me about her!

"And you never thought of mentioning it?"

"It was private for a while and we started to tell people."

"Oh okay. Am I like the last person that knows?"

"Oh no. Believe me. Some of my friends don't even know we're dating. They all think shes one of my fuck buddies."

"YOU HAVE FUCK BUDDIES?"

"What?! No!"

"Phew" his phone starts ringing.

"It's probably work or something." He answers it. His face saddened.

"Okay I'll be right there" he says.

"What happened?!"

"It's faith. She's had internal bleeding or something" he seems like he's gonna cry.

"Oh my gosh. I'm sorry." I say.

"Come on let's go see her!" Then he pulls me and we go.