Chapter 30

After we ate, we decided to go to the mall since it was right beside Applebee's. We park by Jcpenny so we can go to Sephora when we get in.

We go into sephora and I go over to the tarte section because I need some eyeliner. Liv goes to the urban decay which is on the other side of the store.

"Dude I'm trying to find something for her! I don't know what to get! What does she wear" Someone says around the corner. It seems like Ethan.

So I peek around the corner and just my head peeks over the edge and I scare Ethan so much he drops his phone.

"Delaney holy shit. You scared me!" He says while picking up his phone and I go around to talk to him.

"Whatcha doing?"

"Trying to figure out something to get liv for her birthday" her birthday is a week from now. I still haven't gotten her anything yet. I'm such a procrastinator.

"Awe how cute"

"I'm hoping it will be. The plan is..." he looks around.

"What's wrong?"

"Is she here with you?"

"Yea but she's too busy looking at makeup so tell me!"

"Okay don't tell her I told you the plan."

"I won't. I promise"

"So I'm gonna get her some makeup but I don't know what I should get" he says and I pick something out and give it to him.

"Is that enough?" I ask.

"No I want to get her like three more things."

"Okay. I can help you with that."

"Your a lifesaver. No wonder Grayson likes you. I'll take her out to dinner give her the stuff and then..." he trails off.

"Then what?!" He smiles.

"I'm gonna ask her to be my girlfriend" and my eyes bug out of my head and he covers my mouth because he knows I'm going to scream.

"Don't scream" and he uncovered my mouth.

"Woah. Okay it's just a lot to process. It's gonna be the best birthday she's ever had."

"I hope so. Can you take her out of the store so we can decide what to get her?"

"Sure. Where should I take her?"

"I don't know but take her there and say your going into another store and then come back here."

"You think I can pull that off?"

"Yes. Now go so I'm not here all damn day" he laughs and I go over to liv.

"Did you find anything?"

"Well I found this but i didn't bring that much money. Let's get out of here" it was the urban decay naked 3 palette.

"Okay" we head off and then I look back and Ethan looks so much like a lost puppy. It's hilarious. I text him.

^^text message^^

^^text message^^

"Who are you texting?" Liv says while I put my phone away.

"Grayson. Where do you want to go?"

"Let's go to rue 21"

So we head to rue 21 and I gotta think of a place to "go to". We look for a few minutes and she's already found a few things.

"Im gonna go into American eagle and get myself new jeans"

"Okay I'll be here"

I walk out the door and then look back. She's looking at clothes in the back. I run back to sephora and go over to Ethan. He's looking at some makeup.

"I'm back" I say out of breath.

"Geesh why are you so out of breath"

"I ran here idiot. So you wouldn't embarrass your self."

"I'm glad you ran because that one cashier is checking me out."

"Hah! Oh and that girl over there" I make him look.

"Ugh. It makes me so uncomfortable"

"Well that's what you get for being so attractive"

We laugh and I go over to what liv was looking at earlier and Ethan follows me.

"Here, she was looking at this earlier" I pick it up and give it to him.

"Holy shit why is this stuff so expensive?"

"Good question Ethan" and we get the other two things for her. We got her that eyeshadow palette, a lipstick, a highlighter, and mascara. Basically the essentials. He's gonna make a great boyfriend. I'm so excited for her.

"Ready to go?" I ask.

"Yea. Do you think she'll like it?"

"Of course she will"

We get in line and the girl that was checking Ethan out called us up to her register. I look at him and burst out laughing and he smacks me. She rings up the stuff.

"Who's this stuff for?" The cashier smiles and winks. What the hell?

"Uh my girlfriend." And he looks at me. Her smile immediately fades.

"Oh is it you?" She said snarky like.

"Yea I am. Do you have a problem with that?" I say.