Chapter 5- Giving In Or Giving Up?

Nearly a week later and Luke is still trying to convince me to take part in his little plan. I've tried and tried to explain to him that I don't think it's a good idea, but he won't have it. Every time I try to change the subject he just shakes his head and plays along, though I know he won't eventually. It's pretty much the same everyday, we sit in my room and do pointless things for about thirty minutes, then Luke will suddenly turn to me and smirk and when he does that, I always know what's coming.

"Come on, Leah. Have some faith in me when I say this would be good for both of us!" He'll say and I'll sigh, mute the TV, and turn to face him.

"Luke, how many times do I have to explain this to you? I would like my first time to be with someone that I care about. Someone that I know cares about me too,"

"What, you don't care about me?" He'll stick out his bottom lip in that stupid, attractive way he does, but I'll just roll my eyes and pretend I don't care.

"You know I didn't mean it like that, stop being an idiot," Then I'll un-mute the TV and pray that he drops the subject for today. It's the same thing that happens everyday, so I was completely prepared for it to happen again today when Luke turned to me.

"Leah,"

"Yea, Luke? You hungry, want something to drink, maybe?" I go to get up, but Luke grabs my arm and pulls me back down.

"Stop changing the subject! I just want to talk about it for once, just a full on conversation,"

"Fine, I'll start. Why are you so bent on doing this? What's the big deal?"

"I have needs. And you have needs too, whether you choose to acknowledge them or not," I guess he has a point there, but there's still one thing that doesn't make sense.

"Even if that was true, why each other? Why not go out and find some random person to fulfill your 'needs'?"

"We know each other, which would make it a lot more fun. Plus, you said you wanted to know more about me, this is the perfect way to find out!" I sigh and lay on my side, facing the wall.

"You know, we could do things like this," I watch as Luke crawls from the bottom of my bed over to my side. He lays on his side as well, facing me, with one arm draped over my waist. He looks adorable, but I have to stand my ground, so I roll to my other side and close my eyes.

"Yea, I'm just going to take a nap. You can show yourself out,"

"Mmmm, no thanks," Luke whispers and pulls me by my waist until my back is against his chest. He nestles in behind me and I can feel his breath on my neck, making me shiver. I'm so comfortable and warm, I figure there's no harm done by just taking a little cat nap like this.

-----------

When I wake up, the light from my window has faded, making the room pitch dark. I'm now facing Luke, his chin resting on top of my head, and me snuggled into his chest. I groggily reach over to my nightstand and grab my phone, checking the time. It reads eleven p.m, but that can't be right. Freaking out, I race down to the living room and check the clock. Yup, eleven. I quickly tiptoe up to my mom's room and open her door. Light snoring fills the room and I smile before heading back to my room. Luke is still laying in bed, but I can tell that he's awake, so I sit at his feet.

"It's late, isn't it? I'll go," He starts to stand up, so I put my hand up to tell him not to.

"I mean, you don't have to. You can stay if you want?"

"I don't know if that's the best idea, Leah..." I giggle at the stupid rhyme, but remind myself I have to stay serious.

"If I say yes to your idiotic plan, will you stay with me? At least until I fall asleep?" I rush out the words in an attempt to just get it over with, the moment I've been dreading. Luke pretends to sigh, but then smiles.

"Yea, I guess," Laying back down, he opens up his arms and I crawl into them.

"Just make sure you're out before my mom wakes up," I manage to mumble before my eyelids grow heavy.

"Yea, yea. Just go to sleep, Leah," Luke says, kissing my forehead. Despite how comfortable and happy I feel, I can't help but think I'm going to regret this.

(hey guys, sorry this is just a bit of a filler really. ive had a lot of problems lately and trying to find the time to write is difficult, but hopefully ill get some free time next week and the next chapter will be better. thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote, it honestly makes me smile. (: -tabby)