1- A Long Day

July 1st, 2014

After I put up the horses for the night, I kick my boots off on the front porch and open the creaky screen door to find my little sister laying on the living room floor and my dad gone at the fair again.

"Hayley, come here!" My sister screeches. "Yeah Maddie?" I ask, placing my cowgirl hat on the coat hanger.

"You'll never guess what!" She practically screams. "What?" I ask in amusement. "Look!" She holds the lap top up proudly to show me some type of contest.

"5 Seconds of Summer is having a Meeting contest!" She exclaims. "Really?" I ask kneeling down next to her. "Yeah! I just can't believe this is happening! You need to sign up." She commands, placing the laptop in my lap.

"Fine, but there's no way I'm winning this." I point out as I type in my name, age, and address, plus adding a picture of myself before homecoming last year when Maddie made me wear a dress which in my book was a gown. Ugh.

"Perfect, now all we have to do is wait a few days." She smiles. "Well, I'm going upstairs dork, night.' I yawn, handing her laptop back and walking upstairs.

I walk into my room and shut the door, sighing in content as the days ended. I throw off my clothes and walk into my small bathroom.

I start the shower and jump in, scrubbing all of the sweat, dirt, and hay from myself. I scrub my hair with shampoo and conditioner and I scrub my face with my face wash.

I then shave my legs and I leave the shower, feeling refreshed as I shut the water off and feel the cool rush of air that meets my body. I wrap myself in a towel and walk into my room, pulling out my night clothes which consisted of a spaghetti strap tank top and black spandex and a regular pair of a grey bra and underwear.

I tie up my long wet hair and hit my bed, instantly falling asleep.

Two Days Later........... (Sorry for the time skip)

I steer Cali to the sidewalk outside the house and stop her there. "Maddie, grab me my duffel bag, I need to move the feed!" I yell up to the house and keep the reins held tight in my blistered hands from bailing hay all day.

My sister then comes out onto the porch and tosses me the bag. I catch it and kick Cali in the side, and she takes off up the dirt lane.

I jump off Cali and lead her to her stall in with the other horses. I walk out of the barn and out to the barrel that holds the feed.

I fill the bag up and then walk back into the barn and then feed the five horses, two goats, three pigs, and nineteen chickens in the coop.

I then watch the sun sink, and walk down to the house. "Hey Hales." Dad greets. "Hey" I smile and reach into the refrigerator and grab a bottle of water.

"I gotta go out of town for the weekend, will you watch the farm and Madds for me?" He asks. "Course." I smile and chug the water.

"Hayley, their drawing the contest winner tomorrow, their going to pick up the winner in a few days!" Maddie practically has a heart attack.

"What contest?" Dad asks. "A contest to meet and go on tour with a really cool band." I explain. "You signed up?" He asks. "Yeah, why not right?" I point out. "How long is this tour?" He asks.

"About six months." Maddie replies. "Well, if you win, call me." He smiles. "Please, we both know there's no way in the world I'm gonna win, I mean look at me." I laugh motioning to my mud covered jeans and dirt smeared black tank top with my dusty cowgirl boots, my hat, and my black flannel.

"That's my girl." He smiles and pats my shoulder before we both go upstairs, me fulfilling my nightly ritual.

I'm sorry for the short chapter, the next one will be longer🙂