Chapter 18

*Mark's P.O.V.*

'Woah man, who the heck are you?' This person said, holding his face.

'DONT EVER TALK TO AND TREAT ME THAT WAY AGAIN GOT IT?' I shout in his face. I so wanted to punch him again but he just wasn't worth it.

'I honestly don't have a clue what you're on about mate I've never seen you before. I don't live round here I've only come to visit my brother' he replied.

'Wait... brother?' I said.

'Yes my twin brother lives round here, he's just got a new apartment, he's sharing with a girl'

Suddenly it clicked. His brother was the guy at the house. Poop. What have I just done? I froze.

'What? Like.. Identical twin?'

'Yep. Barely anyone can tell us apart' he said, still holding his face.

'Oh man, I am so so so so sorry, I must've punched the wrong twin. Let me buy you a drink to apologise?' I said, running my hands through my hair. He laughed.

'I get it a lot to be honest. Alright then mate. I could do with a drink' he said. I didn't really want to leave the cup of tea I'd left on the floor but this was a more important cause.

'I'm Stephen by the way. So, what's my brother done now?' He asked as we walked down the street.

An hour and a pint or two later I was chatting away to Stephen like I'd known him for years. He'd told me all about why his brother was at the house and what his plans were. But I still couldn't understand why [YN] hadn't mentioned anything about it.

'Don't worry mate, I'm sure she'll have a reasonable explanation. To be honest it seems quite a big thing. I'd rather tell someone face to face than other the phone or anything" he smiled. He was really trying to reassure me. This guy isn't that bad. I'd just looked at my phone to check the time 12.15, still early for me, and then it started ringing, [YN]. I didn't dare answer it. So I just let it go through to voicemail.

'Right then Mark, I better get off. Go see this brother of mine. You gonna come? Sort things with your girl? That way I won't go getting lost" he laughed. I agreed and it wasn't long until we were just turning the corner to begin walking down her street and that's when we saw them. [YN] and this Matthew guy. Walking right towards us.

*YN'S POV*

'I am so sorry' Matthew said as I walked back I into the house just after he'd kicked Mark out.

'Its fine. You didn't know' I said as I wiped my eyes.

'Do you still wanna go out for lunch? I can cancel the booking' he said, rubbing my arm.

'Nah it's cool, we can still go. I'm sure I'll find him. Just give him some time to cool off. He's gonna kill me for not telling him.'

I finished getting ready for our meal and tried ringing Mark before we left the house, but there was no answer. I hope he's ok. We were strolling down the street in silence when two people turned the corner and began walking towards us. One of them was Matthew... Wait. No it wasn't. Matthew was next to me. So that must be his brother. Wow. They were identical. Really identical. That's when I looked at the other person. It was Mark. I walked a bit faster and stopped in front of him. He stared at me with a blank face.

'Mark, I'm really sorry, I should've told you as soon as I knew. This is Matthew. He's my new housemate. I couldn't afford the rent and couldn't think of any other way. I'm so sorry. Please don't hate me' I said, gazing up at him with puppy dog eyes, waiting for an answer.

It felt like forever before he finally spoke... But it wasn't to me.

'Sorry about earlier Matthew, I didn't know anything.' He said, holding his hand out and shaking Matthews. 'And Stephen. Once again I'm terribly sorry for what happened it town. See you both around' he said, pushing through the middle of me and Matthew. I stood there. Unable to move. Had he just blanked me? Please, no. I couldn't lose him.

Then I felt something grab my arm and pull me backwards back towards the house. I watched Stephen say something to Matthew before he nodded and they walked off together. That's when I got spun around.

'Long time, no see babe.' Mark said with a cheeky grin on his face. 'But we need to talk.'