The dinner.

Csquared, as Josh would say, was originally supposed to be at Jaiden's house at 2. Cara Lee was already ready to go at 1:30, with the late invite and a Jeremiah wanting to look Perfect. It was 8:00pm when Cara Lee yelled up to Chases room "Guys we need to leave, like NOW!" "I'm ready, Miahs the one taking forever!" Chase said as we was walking down the stairs. "Hey! I need to look perfect for the first time meeting the future in laws." Jere yelled back. "You do realize Jaiden is still here, and even if she wasn't here, she would of heard you." Chase said laughing. "Ohummwhosaid thatIdidn't mean itWhatI
ready. Wooohoo let's go! What?" Jere said so embarrassed that nothing made sense. He came down stairs and they all headed back to Jaiden's house.
As Jaiden walked into the kitchen she apologized for being late and having 3 girlfriends, as her mom laughed, Jaiden introduced her new friends "Mom this Cara Lee, Chase and Jeremiah, Guys this is my mom." they all shook her hand with Jere being the last, "Mom, that has a nice ring to it, so what's for diner mom, sorry we're late, Cara Lee couldn't find out what to wear" here said doing a pretend hairflip. "Oh mygosh, you're so weird, can you stop" Jaiden said half embarrassed while her mother was practically on the floor laughing. "You see, we were going to have some type of chicken, but" Josh tried to explain "Someone didn't check on the chicken so it burned, and it was Chicken Parm." Jaiden's mom said as she smacked Josh in the back of the head with some magazines. "Anyways, since Jere, I mean Cara Lee, took so long to get ready I made Penne A La Vodka." Jaiden's mom said. They all sat down and started eating, "This is delicious, so good, I'm obsessed" they all said while stuffing their faces. "Thank you." Jaiden's mom said flattered. "So Mom, Jere Here likes.." Josh said but was cut off by Jere kicking him from across the table. "Greys too" Josh finished trying not to get kicked again. "Oh you do, me and Jaiden have not missed one episode." Jaiden's mom said. "Yeah me too, I used to watch it with my mom" Jere echoed. Jaiden noticed the sadness is Jeres voice, but decided not to bring it up. "That's so sweet, i wish Josh was like that." Their mom said while rolling her eyes and leaning over to Jaiden whispering "I like him". Jaiden was happy everything was going back to normal, and happy everyone was getting along. "Do you guys like Disney movies" Jaiden's mom asked. As Jaiden was just about ready to jump out the window because she knew what was to come. "Yes! Every last day of summer since we were like 5 we have a Disney marathon." Cara Lee exclamiled " yeah I still think I'm a Disney princess" Jere said smiling. " when Jaiden was 3 she was in love with hurcules, she would walk around singing I Won't Say I'm In Love, and used to make a stage to perform for all of us, of course it consisted in her hoping around and throwing herself dramatically on the floor." Jaiden's mom explained. Jaiden turned so red from embarrassment "mom....." Jaiden said. Everyone was so busy taking about how cute that was and asking Josh and her mom more about it that they didn't even realize she left. "Who wants Fried ice cream?" Jaiden yelled while hoping ice cream would get their minds off of the information that was just shared. As soon as it was placed on the table everyone stoped talking and Jaiden sighed in relief. After the icecream was all gone Jere stood up and taped on his glass as if he was making an announcement at a wedding. "What are you doing, toasts for before you eat not after." Cara Lee said laughing. "Mrs. Mom, I was wondering if it would be okay to take Jaiden out on a date." Jere asked. Jaiden was so shocked she couldn't even think straight. Jaiden's mom was thrilled, because all night she kept telling Jaiden that she liked Jere and nodded in agreement. After a couple of hours of stories, and games the night was slowly coming to an end. Jere had already left because he was going to go surfing early in the morning, and as Cara Lee and Chase were about to leave, Chase stood behind to talk to Jaiden. "Hey, I'm sorry about what happened, I can't really explain anything. I think I like Amanda, I'm just to scared to admit it so I hide it, you know? I never meant to hurt you though. I hope I didn't mess up our friendship." Chase said holding back tears. "It's totally cool, just stop hiding your feelings, everything will be great, I promise." Jaiden said as Chase nodded. They said their goodbyes and Jaiden ran up stairs to her room before her mom could ask questions. She was really exhausted being that it was almost 3 in the morning so she got ready for bed. "What an eventful summer  this is turning out to be" she whispered to herself before falling asleep.