11

Luke woke up in an unfamiliar place again. This seemed to be becoming a regular thing, he thought to himself as he sat up and rubbed his eyes, realising again that he was in Calum's room as he looked around at all the band posters and pictures of footballers around the room.

Careful not to wake up the peacefully sleeping boy next to him, Luke peeled himself out of Calum's koala grip, embarrassed that he had fallen asleep in Calum's bed. Surely the boy is getting tired of Luke hanging around him, and the blond didn't want his friend to get sick of him always being around.

Slowly walking around the room, Luke looked at all the souvenirs and trinkets placed around. He saw all the photos of Calum as a little boy, a dark blue and red football shirt plastered to his chest as he was raised in the air by his team holding a huge trophy. Standing tall next to the picture was the same trophy.

There was all sorts in Calum's room, from his huge collection of DVD's, most of which Luke had never even heard of, let alone seen, to his football trophies and awards placed around.

Luke slipped his shoes on, glancing back to the sleeping boy tucked up in bed before leaving.

As he shut the front door behind him with a quiet click, Luke fished his phone out of his pocket from where it started to ring.

"Hello?" Luke spoke into the phone.

"I LOST MY VIRGINITY!" Ashton shouted down the phone, making Luke almost drop it.

"That's great Ash!" Luke said, turning the volume down. "Who's the lucky lady?"

"Maria." Ashton said dreamily.

Luke racked his brains. "Who the hell is Maria?"

"Miss Garcia."

Luke almost choked. "You had sex with our Spanish teacher?!"

"Yes! And she's my girlfriend now. But it's a big secret Luke! You're the only one that knows."
Ashton gushed, and Luke turned down the road to start walking back home to change before work.

"That's great Ashton. It's not like, weird is it? You aren't being pimped out or anything?" Luke asked worriedly.

"No of course not you worrier. I asked her out on a date and we went to a different town and had dinner."

"Okay Ashton, just be careful."

"I will. Don't worry." Ashton's voice went away from a phone for a second and Luke could hear him speaking to someone in the background. "Okay I've got to go now. Text me later! Bye."

Luke hung up the phone, pushing his headphone into his beaten up iPod and pressed shuffle all while walking home.

***

"Hi, welcome to Brew 'n' Bean. Can I take your order?" Luke said, faking a smile. It's not that he doesn't like his job, but after a five hour shift with no breaks, it was becoming tiring to repeat the same thing over and over again.

Scribbling the order down and passing the cup to his colleague to make it, he greeted the next people in line.

"Oh, hey Rosie. Who's this?" Luke asked, seeing his friend standing on the other side of the counter beside a tall boy with coloured, messy hair.