Chapter 7

I hate gym class almost as much as I hate lunch but at least I don't have to do anything this for the next week and a half. Let me just say that School has become much more bearable now that Jack and I are friends because we have almost every class together. The rest of this week was amazing now that Jack and I are hanging out. We hang out together whenever we have free time and we talk to each other whenever we need someone. Plus i've been getting out of the house more and Tom said he's proud of me for making friends.

The teacher said I can just hang out in the locker room until I can participate again so I just sit here working on some lyrics. I skip the song on my phone and a blink song comes up so I rest my head against the locker behind me and I close my eyes so I can really listen to the song. I then feel someone sit next to me so I open my eyes to see Jack next to me.

"Whatcha listening to?" He asks as he picks up my phone.

"Blink. You wanna listen" I ask handing him one of my ear buds and he takes it.

"Aren't you supposed to be participating in the class?" I asks him and he shrugs his shoulders.

"Yeah but I like hanging out with you more. Hey did you write those?" He asks as he points to my journal full of lyrics. I nod as I hand him the book so he can look at them.

"These are amazing! Do you play guitar?" He asks still reading some of the lyrics.

"Yeah and I sing a little" I reply and he looks at me in amazement.

"How have you not told me this yet" He says acting hurt. I smile and take my journal back and we just sit and listen to the song playing.

"Jack?"

"Yeah"

"Do you ever feel like a song?" I ask curiously wondering if he feels the same way as I do.

"All the time" He responds and we look at each other smiling.

"You should come over today and hang out or something" He says but I think about my nieces and how I have to babysit them tonight.

"Wish I could but I have to babysit Mabel and Charlotte tonight so Tom can go to work" I explain.

"Can I come along? They love me" He says trying to sway my decision.

"I don't know they can sometimes be a real handful" I say back.

"Exactly I can help out. Please" He begs and I give in.

<><><><><>

Jack walks home with me today and when we got to my house we were welcomed by the twins. Charlotte give me a hug while Mabel gives Jack a hug and then they switch.

"Jack nice to see you again" Tom says walking into the front room and giving Jack a handshake. Tom has taken a real liking to Jack and so have the girls which makes me happy that they like him too. Tom says his goodbyes to the girls and I before he leaves for work.

"So who wants to go to the park today?" I ask and the girls yell "I do" before running off to get their jackets. They come back wearing puffy pink coats and purple knitted hats along with purple knitted mittens which makes Jack and I laugh at how cute they are. We help them zip up their coats and then we start waking to the park me holding Charlotte's hand and Jack holding Mabel's. When we arrive the girls immediately let go of our hands and run to the playground while Jack and I sit on one of the benches.

"They're precious" he says and I smile.

"Yeah they're really something else" I reply and we sit here and watch as the girls play. I wish I could be that young again, not having a care in the world. I look over and see Jack staring at my lips which makes me smile.

"Do you just go around staring at people?" I ask and Jack comes out of his thoughts and starts to blush.

"No I-I just I don't know I-" I cut him off by kissing him and after a few moments he kisses me back. I don't care how cliche this sounds but our lips fit together like we were meant for eachother and his lips are so soft.

"Eww!" We pull away after a few seconds and see the girls standing next to us covering their eyes. Jack and I both laugh and turn to face Mabel and Charlotte.

"What do you guys want?" I ask and they point to the swing set so Jack and I get up and walk over to the swings with them. I push Mabel while he pushes Charlotte and we have our own conversation while the girls talk about something. After about an hour we head back home because it started to get dark. When we get home I make all of us hot chocolate and order the pizza Tom left us money for and then I head back to the living room. I set the mugs of hot chocolate on the coffee table and sit down next to Jack on the couch. Jack and I share a blanket while the girls share a blanket and I look at the T.V. to see what movie they picked.

"I knew it was a mistake to leave you guys alone a pick a movie" I say and Jack looks at me.

"What do you mean Home Alone is like the best movie ever" He says and the girls agree with him so I give up and let them have their way. I rest my head on Jack's chest and he wraps his arm around me which makes me warm up instantly and it feels good.

About and thirty minutes into the movie the pizza arrives and I get up to get it and pay. I walk back into the living room and place the pizza box on the coffee table and everyone grabs a slice except for me. I tried to eat at lunch today and I almost threw up. I can't let Jack find out. He knows my story but he doesn't know everything.

"Alex you wanna slice" He asks but I just say no. He looks at me with a concerned look but I assure him i'm fine and he drops it. After dinner and another hour of the movie the girls are out cold so Jack helps me take them up to their room and then we head back downstairs to watch another movie.

"Alex can I ask you something"

"Sure"

"Why don't you ever eat anything." That question makes my blood run cold. I could tell him the truth but I don't want him to get mad or something and leave. Things have been so much better with him around I can't lose him.

"I'm just not hungry lately" I say telling him half of the truth.

"Please tell me the truth" He pleads. He reminds me so much of Tom. Both of them worry to much about me. I do hate lying to him.

"I tried starving myself to lose some weight because I'm fat and I thought no one would ever love me if i'm fat" I say in a whisper telling him the whole truth. He looks at me so I look down and play with my finger waiting for him to respond.

"Alex you're not fat. Hell you're thinner than me and I think you're beautiful just the way you are" He responds and I look up surprised by his answer and I'm greeted with his lips. We kiss for about a minute and a half before we pull away to catch our breath.

"Just promise me you'll try to eat more and get better" He says and I promise him before we settle down again and start watching another movie. I don't know where things are going with Jack but I like where things are headed.