6

2:11 pm
Day 6

Erin sat rambling to her co worker and best friend Yvette while cleaning up the tables in the empty and quiet cafe. No one really came in the afternoon, so it gave time to Erin to clean the place and Yvette time to make new coffee and menu items.

"So have you made a move on him yet?" Yvette asks Erin as she picks up the warm doughnuts from the oven and begins to box them up.

Erin sighs wiping another table down. "No, I found out he has a girlfriend." Yvette stops what she's doing and stares at Erin in disbelief.

"What? Since when? Who?"

Erin shrugs. "Yep. Told me yesterday. I don't know when they got together but it couldn't have been that long, and it's Lauren Brook." Erin finishes making Yvette roll her eyes at the name.

"Ugh. I have statistics with her. She's a bitch but I can see why Shawn's into her. She's gorgeous." Yvette says making Erin nod.

"But so are you Erin! Don't be upset, they'll be over before you know it. Hasn't she had like 6 boyfriends in the past 4 months?" Yvette says making Erin giggle.

"It's whatever. I'll still be nice to him and talk to him, just not as much." Erin says as the entrance door opens, the bell above it ringing as both girls turn their heads towards the door, eyes growing wide.

"Shit. Speak of the devil." Yvette mumbles under her breath as Erin quickly runs behind the register, pretending to be busy.

Shawn and Lauren arrive, walking into the empty cafe hand in hand. Shawn bites his lip, mentally cursing himself for not remembering about Erin working here. They slowly walk up to the register, Erin's gaze meeting his with a smile before flickering over to Lauren's, a slightly smaller smile.

"Hi Shawn." Erin says less enthusiastically than normal. Shawn just nods before introducing Lauren.

"This is Lauren, my girlfriend."

Lauren gives a small smile before staring down at her phone, not really caring about Erin's presence. Erin didn't really care for Lauren either.

"So can we get o-" Shawn starts before Erin cuts him off automatically recognizing his usual order.

"One coffee and coconut muffin, got it." Erin says writing out the order as Lauren shoots Shawn a confused look before looking a Erin.

"Woah. What are you? Some kinda robot?" Laur says jokingly as Shawn laughs, Erin staying quiet not finding the humor within the joke.

"No I'm Erin."

Lauren's smile drops before she places her order, tension already forming between the two.

"Um, can I have a strawberry iced tea with one glazed doughnut." Laur says, Erin lazily writing down the order and nodding before heading into the kitchen.

"She's kinda, strange." Lauren says and her and Shawn take their seats.

"Yeah. She's actually really nice once you get to the know her, I guess." Shawn says defending Erin for the first time ever in his life.