7

2:34 am
2 months later
Day 68

Everyday for the past 2 months, Shawn always brought Lauren with him to the cafe eventually irritating Erin every time she saw his angelic, glowing face and then her perky, perfect teeth smile, following right behind him.

It irritated her so much that she quit her job, which actually had decent pay in exchange for a new job as a waitress at Shake Shack- a local diner which payed decently but earned her many tips. She'd only been working there for 3 days so far, overall enjoying not seeing the flirtatious couple everyday, but missing Shawn.

Yvette frequently came by to visit since the cafe was only a 3 minute walk to Shake Shack, so they'd always visit each other.

"I'm tired of seeing them practically make out everyday. I'm this close to quitting." Yvette says ordering a cheeseburger and milkshake, while making a hand motion with her thumb and pointer finger barely touching.

Erin giggles wiping down the counter in front of her. "No sexual oriented couples here, only young teens from campus who surprisingly tip well." Erin tells Yvette motioning to the clean and modern diner.

Meanwhile at Shawn's apartment, Lauren and him sat on the floor in front of his couch, watching horror films and making small talk.

"I haven't seen that Erin girl recently at the cafe." Lauren says making Shawn confused at the mention of her.

"Uh, neither have I."

"She's really nice to you, seems like she likes you almost." Lauren says not even watching the film but staring up at Shawn.

"Yeah, she's just like that. Very friendly." Shawn says trying to end the subject.

"She's pretty, don't you think?"

Shawn groans, annoyed. "What're you trying to say Laur?"

"Nothing, nothing. I was just thinking, that's all. Maybe she quit."

"Maybe, whatever. Not like I care." Shawn spits, directing his attention back to the movie.

But little did Shawn know he would be racing to the cafe in the rain at almost 4 am just wanting to make sure Erin was still working there with her bright and optimistic personality that he dealt with for what felt like the longest time but couldn't lose.