4 ; the exception

"Favourite bands?", Phil asks as we continue to move slowly around the ferris wheel, i'm nowhere near as nervous, thanks to him.

"Um, MCR, Fall out Boy, Panic! at the disco, Muse, y'know just all that emo stuff". (a/n : i wrote this in my emo phase rip)

"Wow, me too!"

"Really? Cool! None of my friends like my music choices", I laugh nervously.

"What's the deal with your 'friends' anyway?", he says, doing finger quotes as he says 'friends'.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you guys don't seem very close".

"They are, i'm not."

"I'm still not following Dan", he says, and I let out a sigh, deciding I might as well tell him, I'll probably never see him again.

"Ok well basically, we all used to be really close when we were younger, but since then I've developed pretty bad anxiety which makes it hard to talk to.. well.. anyone. And because they're nice people they didn't exclude me from anything, but everything's really awkward because I don't feel like i'm one of them anymore." I say quickly, glancing over at Phil to see his reaction. I don't tell many people this.

"But you're talking to me", he says after a few seconds of silence.

"Yeah well, I don't know, It seems easier somehow. I guess you're the exception", I say, looking away as I feel a light blush spread across my cheeks.

"Well Daniel James Howell, I'm honoured", He replies with a smile, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"So um", I begin, trying to change the subject to something I wont blush at as much. "You never told me why you're on here alone".

"I'm not alone, you're here"

"You know what I mean"

"Honestly? I was here with my brother, but he went off with his girlfriend, and I was walking past this ride and heard them calling for a single, and here I am."

"Do you have a girlfriend?", I ask, trying to sound casual.

"Well it'd be boyfriend for me, but no, I'm not in a relationship".

"Oh", I say quietly, suddenly feeling flushed. "Cool".

Phil giggles quietly beside me before running a hand through his fringe.

"Yeah.. What about you?"

"What?"

"Do you have a girlfriend?" He asks turning a little in his seat to face me. "Or boyfriend"

"Boyfriend", I answer assuredly, with a smile, "and no".

"Cool", he says, copying what I said to him before, with a small smirk spread across his face.