introduction 2

The wedding was on October 12, Peeta's 19th birthday. 

Prim, of course, was my flowergirl and a bridesmaid. Mom was also a bridesmaid, as she deserved the role. The only person I didn't see attend was Gale. I sent him an invitation, but he probably burned it at the sight. He always dreamed of us being together, but when he saw that my heart began drawing itself towards Peeta, he wished Peeta had died in the 74/75th Hunger Games. The Games were finally over, as the death of President Snow occured last year.

As we said our vows, the priest said, "If anyone thinks that these two shall not be wed, stand up and say, or forever hold your peace." 

A voice bellowed from the back. "I object." 

The entire ceremony turned around to the objecter. Nonetheless, it was Gale.

"What's your reasoning?" the priest questioned.

"I don't think Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark should be wed because I do not think that when the certificate is signed that it will be the dream couple. I think that the beautiful bride has left her best freind for her lover, which breaks my heart. I'm afraid of my Catnip getting hurt by this......baker's boy. And also, I'm in love with her, and I think she deserves someone who'll be there always for her. Someone who won't hurt her, on accident or purpose. Someone who'll mend her every need, day or night. Someone like me. That's all I have to say." Gale announced, stating his points clearly for the entire audience to hear.

"Gale......" I said. "We're still the bestest of friends! This marriage has nothing to do with me leaving you, Gale. I will always keep you in a safe place in my heart, marriage or not. This doesn't mean anything, Gale. Why would you think that I would leave you?"

"Katniss, I just don't want you to get hurt. I want you to stay with me, to stay unmarried, to stay Katniss EVERDEEN, and not Katniss Mellark. Please, Catnip. Don't leave me." Gale whimpered, tears quietly making their way down his face. This scene right now made me almost cry myself, and brides aren't supposed to cry on their wedding days. I walked back up the aisle to my friend and buried him in a bear hug. "Aws" filled the ceremony, which was kinda awkward.

"I will never leave you. That's the last thing I'll ever do."