Chapter 13

The entire first day was spent on just cuddles and kisses. It was very nice, especially since alone time doesn't exist back in District 13.

"I love you, Katniss." Peeta whispered in my ear as he kissed my cold cheek. When he did that, it always sent chills down my spine. I loved him too.

"I love you, too, babe. I will never stop." I whispered back. I stretched my neck a little higher to give him a kiss on the lips. The kiss lasted about five seconds, which sent sensations through me.

"Peeta," I began. "I've missed you so much."

"Me too, Katniss. I wish we could be together like this forever, but with us as District 13's head people, there's no way for us to get alone time."

I knew exactly what he was talking about. When we had moved to District 13 permanently, we became the Presidents basically of the entire district. How fun for us, huh?

"But we'll probably get enough alone time to make up for all of our loneliness." he continued, folding a part of my hair behind my ear. "After all, we are now married."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Day 2 came quicker than District 12's winter season. I woke up to the delicious smell of freshly baked bread. I got out of bed, dazedly trudging to the kitchen. Peeta had made breakfast: eggs, sausage, bread, and lemonade. I smiled my half-asleep smile and woke up more.

"Morning, Mrs. Mellark." Peeta giggled, sitting next to me at the table.

"Morning." I nodded, sipping occassionally at the lemonade.

"What's wrong, baby? You don't seem okay today." Peeta questioned.

"Just sleepy. I'm fine, really."

"Okay. How's the bread?" he asked. "It's a new recipe." The bread did look different from the ones at the bakery. It was golden-yellow, with nuts an berries in it. I tasted it and basically died. It was delicious, tasting like blueberry cashew muffins.

"Oh my gosh, Peeta. This is AMAZING!!" I shouted, which woke myself up all the way. "I love it!"

"Glad to know." he replied smoothly, trying the bread himself. He did the same face I did when I tried it. "Wow, this IS amazing."

Then, all of a sudden, Peeta's eyes lightened up, like he did when he had an idea. But then, he shook his head.

"What's wrong? Why are you shaking your head??" I wondered, putting my plate in the sink and turning on the faucet.

"Nothing. Just a weird thought, but I don't think you'd approve of it yet.."

''What wouldn't I approve of, Peeta? You can tell me. I won't be angry or upset or anything."

"Well, um.......it's kinda about a word.........a three-lettered word."

"I'm sorry; I'm kinda confused."

"It starts with an S."

"Oh........sex?"

"................Yeah....."

"Peeta, believe me. I would be honored to add another member to this family. But I don't think I'm ready for that just yet." I was telling the truth. I would love to have a Mellark, but something about the whole sex thing doesn't really click in my mind.

"Okay........" he replied calmly, relieved of the response. "I thought you'd be weirded out by the idea."

"Why would I be weirded out? Peeta, I'm an 18-year old girl who's married and I've been mature since I was 13. So, no, I think it's a great idea. I'm just not ready yet."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The rest of the day, I thought about the sex idea. I was ready for it, but unsure if I wanted to lose my virginity just yet. I mean, I was saving myself for my first husband, which I now have, and that's what any chick should do. But yet, as much I wanted to, I just couldn't. Who doesn't get that feeling when you want to do something you've never done before, but can't risk any chances?

I went exploring around the district while I thought. The explorig actually helped a lot, and I felt much better when I went back to the honeymoon stay. Peeta was there, watching TV.

"Anything good on?" I asked, scaring the crap out of him.

"Katniss! I didn't know you were home yet."

"Just got back from my adventure."

"Well, where'd you go, Dora?" he teased me from my old favorite kid's cartoon.

"Ha ha, very funny. Just went exploring around the rest of the district, that's all."

"You didn't use your Map or Backpack? Looks like Dora's all grownup now.."

"Okay, Peeta. Enough with the Dora jokes please." I begged.

"Okay. Come here, into the bedroom." he got up, walking towards our bedroom. I wondered what he was doing.

On the bed was a magnificent red dress, like a party dress. Next to it was a red tuxedo suit and black tie. "I thought you might wanna head out to a party tonight." Peeta said, hugging me from behind. The dress was simply stunning, as was the tux and tie.

"I'd love to, Peeta. Great idea for our honeymoon!" I said, grabbing his hands that were on my shoulders. Then the sex thing came to my mind. "Peeta, about the sex topic........"

"Go on...."

"Maybe we could wait till we've been here for, like, four or five days. That would seem logical."

"You're ready for it? I thought you wanted to wait on that till later on.." Peeta said confusedly.

"Well, the wait's almost over. I think that 4-5 days is a reasonable amount of waiting time."

"Okay. Well, tell me when that time comes, and we shall. By the way, the party starts in three hours."

"Well, when's the party?"

"It's 6:45, and it starts at nine. So correction, about two hours." Great. I had two hours to get ready for a party. Meh, I usually took a minute or two to get dressed anyways. I'd also have to put makeup on though.........

"Well, what are we waiting for? We have a party to attend soon!"