2; late night runs (peter parker)

you tie your final lace and exit your house. it is two in the morning and you couldn't sleep, so you decided to do what you do best. run.

you start off slow, but soon quicken your pace. you knew this helps you to relax, and you have to admit - it does tire you out.

you do this most nights, even with school on. you find it helps your mind focus more, whilst giving you more stamina and strength.

but something was troubling you, and your best friend can sense it. peter has been asking you forever now, what was wrong. but you keep up your facade - not slipping up.

you quite liked running at the early hours of the days. it seemed more peaceful to you. you listen as the birds chirp. the leaves rustling as you run by. it was one of your favourite things to do.

as you turn a corner to the next block, you see a guy from a distance, running your way. you contemplate on what to do however you just carry on, after all it could be another runner.

the person stops running and walks towards you. you can't yet make out who it is, then they step into the light from the lamppost. you recognised that face anywhere. peter.

"hey, what are you doing out this early?" you ask him.

"i could say the same thing to you, but i'm not going to. i've been watching, i know you remember? i've seen you running at this time before." he smiles softly.

"leave me alone peter, please." you say, not wanting to talk to him. he carries on running with you. you say nothing, realising his company was sweet.

"i've been thinking, mostly about this one thing. it's been on my mind for a while now. well i was wondering if you-" peter stops running, and brings his hand to the back of his neck, "would you like to go on a date with me?"

this causes you to stop running as well. you can't belive the words that escaped his mouth. you feel overjoyed, ecstatic even.

you turn around and walk up to him. you say nothing. you envalope him in a hug.

you bring your lips closer to his right ear, "of course i will peter." you let go and carry on running. you look over your shoulder and see him still stood in the exact spot smiling at the ground, looking the most adorable.