51: through a friend (peter)

flash. he had invited to whole school to a party. why were you going? who knows. you were currently walking up the path to the huge house he lived in. you carefully walked inside looking around at all the helpless drunken teenagers, singing out the song lyrics that were playing around the house.

you make your way to liz allen, giving her a quick hug before making your way to the kitchen to pour yourself a drink. you grab the cup and walk back to the living room to were the crowds of people were.

flash spots you and walks over, "awesome party right!"

"sure..." you mumble and bring the alcohol to your lips, taking a quick swig before scrunching your face.

"you with anyone babe?" flash attempts to put his arm around you but you shake him off. "i know you like me."

"no one likes you flash get lost." you slightly push him and walk away, putting your drink down (which someone quickly takes) and leave the house - accidentally bumping shoulders with incoming guests, a series of apologies said.

you find a bench round the corner of the house and sit on it. you knew flash would try something, yet you still went. this was supposed to be a fun night, however your best friend had ditched you last minute, so there you were at a party you didn't want to be at, all alone.

there was one person who had your heart, who you were crushing on like mad. but you know it would never happen. for one he used to date liz and that would betray your friendship. another reason is that no one would ever like you (so you thought).

just as you were about to head inside a nervous looking guy stands in front of you. "may i- ugh can, can i sit next to you?" the guy fiddles with his hands.

"um, yeah sure." you offer him a small smile, as reassurance. you feel him sit next to you, fairly close considering there's a lot of room on the bench.

"i'm- i'm peter. peter parker."

"i know who you are pete, you dated one of my best friends. i'm y/n."

"i know who you are too, listen, i saw how eugene was with you, that must have been horrible."

"it's not the end of the world, besides i can handle him. are you okay though? i see how mean he is towards you in the corridors."

"yeah i can get through it, it's just a few shoves an' nicknames." you offer him a sympathetic smile.

"so i um, i've seen you around quite often, not because i was stalking you or anything because i totally wasn't, but your in my classes a lot and you know, we both live in queens, i dated your friend, your friends with my ex, we both hate flash and i should probably stop speaking now."

"you're adorable parker, i'll give you that."

"how about we get out of here, get some food from delmars and maybe go and watch a movie?"

"is that a date?"

"only if you want it to be" peter nervously chews on his bottom lip.

"i'd love it." you smile at him and take his hand, both walking off to finish your night enjoyably.

a/n: please send requests! i'm losing hope for this book ngl and i can't think of anything with major writers block and i wanna give you guys what you want.
thank you! -tasha