Chapter 31: Taehyung's Koala Attack

You were having trouble talking through the phone, the shock consuming you.

"Did you see him? What did the police say? Where are you right now?" You bombarded.

Hoseok pursed his lips at you worried. "A driver came by during the mess of clearing the hotel's front. Police handled it well, I uh, I gave a statement."

You didn't say anything, waiting for the man to continue. So he did.

"I told them how I saw him running up the stairs with a girl, and how both were scared. Then there were hidden groups of people that chased them off. Now after everything, I'm assuming they all got on the roof of the hotel."

You didn't know why you felt the need to cry. But you did. Kennah was just a boy, and having him mixed in such a mystery confused you highly, while also breaking your heart.

"...I uh... I also told the police about a USB?" Hoseok piped, remembering how badly the hooded figures wanted it, "the police found that information instantly helpful."

"Was it a suicide?" You breathlessly asked.

Hoseok looked over at his laptop screen. There were already pages upon pages of news stories sharing this story. Seeing the different titles of each, he made no sound as some claimed for it to be. While others stayed true to the event and followed that the fact was a big mystery.

Hoseok knew, everyone was simply waiting for the police statement.

Licking his bottom lip when you asked again, Hoseok closed his screen before staring at his bedroom door for a moment. "I asked the officer who was taking writing my statement down whether it looked like it was," he started, brows furrowing, "the officer said he had been shot before the fall."

Your voice wavered and Hoseok's eyes softened. "Y/N don't be upset."

"What did he get himself into? I'm so confused!"

Hoseok swallowed, nose crinkling as it bugged him as well. "I can't figure it out," he whispered, tired from all the researching of news that clearly were on the same page as him.

"Okay," you lightly answered, sighing before wanting to ring off the phone, "You do your work... I'll talk to you later once I check myself out of this hotel."

Hoseok softened. "You don't-"

"Of course I do," you whined gently as you ruffled around on the other line. He noticed you were probably already starting to pack, "Kennah died here and the reasons are unknown. There is no way I am staying in the-"

"Fine, fine," Hoseok popped, sitting up more, "but let me arrange a ride for you. You can stay at the dorm."

There was silence for a moment.

Hoseok smiled lightly, still pained from the situation they were in however. "The outsides of the dorm are cleared out. We've got security here."

"Your band members..."

"What about them?"

"Will they... are they okay with me being there?" You asked hesitantly, not knowing where the boys stood with their hatred towards you.

Hoseok chuckled. "Stop being paranoid and get your butt over here."

"Alright."

"Hm, I'll call you a driver... just uh, go from the back entrance since I don't want you to see the impact in the front."

You were quiet."

"Do you hear me?" He tried again, trying to be assertive, "I don't want you to see it."