Chapter 4

I finally caught up with her in the corridors

"look Naomi i didn-"

"Yes you did how can i be so stupid!" She shouted I put my hand gently on her shoulder but she slaps it away and pushes me into this boy behind me who broke my fall.

"Are you ok?" He asks helping me back to my feet

" Im so sorry, this is so embarassing!" i say looking at Naomi 

"It alright." He say then walks away

I nudge Naomi then pull her to class before me get a detention again and headed for class.

We were doing the same old same old watching the rest of the adultery, pausing it and answering stupid questions. But don't you just hate when your talking then someone interrupts to make another point? Kristine, the most annoying girl ever!! I was talking and she interrupted so i called her a twat and got sent to the headteachers office.

I was sitting in the waiting room when i turned around to find little miss know it all, who was doing a goodie goodie twoshoes job for the teachers; hole punching papers. "Headmasters office again this week? Not doing so well are we?" she said with that pathetic innocent look on her face, "Shut up!" I snapped cutting my eye at her.

The headteachers door swung open and out came James with a tissue up his nose soaked with blood. "Headteacher said i should call you in." he said heading to the playground. "Wait! What happened, why is your nose bleeding?" I asked trying not to look at his face full of cuts. "Got into a fight with Jeff, headteachers thinking of a cruel punishment. What are you here for?" replied James sighing. I laughed and said, "Called Kristine a twa-"

"Abbey Clair, please report to headteachers office." announced the deputy head pointy her bony finger at the headteachers office. I waved at James and dragged myself to his office. "In my office again?" he said sighing. "As i promised James i will think of a consequence for him and you. I have made up my mind you two will be cleaning the toilets!" Said my headteacher with a smile on his face and escorting me to the door.

The lunch bell rang and I was getting ready to clean the toilets until i saw the boy who broke my fall. He was about to go past me until he noticed i was staring at him. " Hey." he said. But i was too busy lost in his eyes to reply.He stared and me then i quickly replied, "Hi!" I gave him a shy smile whilst i started putting on the cleaning gloves. 

"Got into trouble huh?" he asked looking at the cleaning chemicals in the basket. "yeah called kristine a twat got to clean the toilets yuck....."I said in disgust. he laughed and offered o give me a hand once we got into the BOYS toilets it was empty but was so dirty pee every where i thought we would never finish.we kept talking and changing subjects then i remembered that the headteacher said if i don't finish i will have to stay at home time and do it.

"Sorry you have to go now or i will be here all day" I mumbled i felt kinda sad telling him to go. The toilet door opened, and in came james with his cleaning basket. He didnt even appologise for being late he just got the brush and started scrubbing. " well see you later." said said the cute looking boy bending down to put the gloves back."Bye catch ya later." I said getting my brush.Then i realised i didn't get his name

"Wait! I did'nt get you name" I shout 

"Oh yeah, im Jamal you?"

"Im Abbey." I say flicking my curly brown hair out of my face James sniggers and then we all burst out laughing Jamal waves heads off home. I get up and strech looking around the toilets with only the percentage that we'd done, well I've done. I look at the time and sigh.

"Tired huh? Go home I'll finish off." Insits james putting he hand on my shoulder. I smile at him and hug tightly and speed to the pavement where my beloved car has been waiting to be driven. I quickly jump in and dump my bag on the other seat, start the engine, and speed off home. Though i felt back just leaving james alone.