1

Samiya Brown
August 27

"Girl we finna be juniors , you happy?" Angel said as she braid her red weave so it wouldn't be nappy in the morning.

"Yeah just one more year of highschool and we'll be outta here." I watch her make silly faces in the mirror through the phone.

"I heard it was some new kids from Georgia who got picked to move down here and come to Samuel"

"Why would anyone want to come to Dallas just to go to this ghetto ass school?" I laugh

"Girl they giving them a new house cause of them fires that been happening down there. Honestly I just think they tryna get some money." Angel puts her bonnet on then goes in her room.

"True true , well its almost 2 something so lemme take my ass to sleep so that I can get up in the morning."

"Yeen never lied . You need a ride or you gone walk?"

"Nah I'm walking well actually yeah come get me cause I ain't tryna be late."

"Bet. See you in the morning lil Brudda , much love. " she say in her heavy African accent.

"Love you too foo" I laugh and end the call.

She always calling me her lil Brudda cause she claim she got to many sisters and we not finna call each other sudda cause that's gay but I love her African ass.

Tomorrow gone be hectic I know that for a fact. Hopefully this year brings peace and happiness in my damaged life.

.....

"Pooh wake up we finna leave come lock the door." My momma say shaking me.

"Alright ma I'm up"

I grab my phone and it reads 7:00 I get up and follow them to the door.

"Bye Miya , have a good day at school." My little sister Faith say giving me a hug.

"You too child , you ready for the second grade?" I bend down in front of her fixing her tie.

"Yes!" She says with a big kool-aid smile on her face.

"Be good child" I kiss her then push her out the door.

I close the door and go straight to the kitchen and start fixing me some pancakes. My phone start ringing and its Angel facetiming me.

"Wussuh hoe?" I say pouring pancake mix in the pan and putting sausage in the other one.

"Nothing much but you cooking? A real Nigga hungry asf. "

"Yes I'm cooking pancakes and sausage. If you want some you better come now."

"Girl shut up I'm two house from ya house I was thinking way a head of you." She say making me laugh.

"Damn nigga you just knew I was cooking huh?" I make my way to the front door unlocking it.

"Duh bitch you cooked last year so why not cook this year?" She say hanging up and walking through my front door.

I look at her outfit and its cute asf. She got a olive green body suit with a black bomber jacket and the superstar Adidas on her feet.

"Girl you cute  and yunno them niggas finna be looking right at ya ass in that booty suit." I say grabbing her ass and running to the kitchen.

"Bitch stop with all that gay shit !" I hear her scream from the living room making me laugh.

I finish making the pancakes and sausage then head to the living room.

"Here bitch." I hand angel her plate.