5

A month later

This past month has been pretty good. I haven't seen Nate and his crew around since the party which is a total relief. After about a week or so I wasn't really worried about them anymore. Angel says she still has a bad feeling about something but then again everything has been cool, calm and collective.

School has been good also. We go through the same process everyday but some new event seems to happen. Like yesterday these two girls fought over some money for some weed. I gotta say the Asian girl beat the shit out of the Mexican girl and that shit was hilarious.

Me and Jakavius have rapidly moved in our friendship. Or should I say relationship? Last week he asked me to be his girlfriend and I accepted the offer. No doubt I did like him but there was still that little voice of reason the told me we were moving too fast. But my feelings quickly pushed aside that thought and I am now in a relationship.

He's a great boyfriend to be honest. We text 24/7 in and out of school. He makes sure I'm safe at all times. He feeds me everyday and everyday I try to pay for it myself but get denied the chance. I've even got to meet his mother. He's never tired to do anything sexual with me nor does he try to talk about it.

As of now it's Friday night and I was home alone. I had got bored and decided to FaceTime Jakavius since he wasn't doing anything . I was currently looking at the ceiling because his mother had called into the kitchen.

"Bae you wanna know something?" Jakavius ask causing all my attention to go back to him.

"Yeah what's up boo?" I say.

"You real life beautiful. Like everything about you is beautiful inside and out." He says licking his lips. Which didn't help the fact that if I was a few shades lighter my cheeks would be a bright red.

"Awe that you Jakavius you so sweet." I say smiling big. There has not been a day I haven't smiled since we've been together. From the playfulness of his personality to the unexpected kisses then the out of the blue complements. I've been smiles so much my cheeks starts to hurt.

"Anything to keep a smile on your face." He says then his facial expression changes. It went from happy to bothered like something wrong was said. "Baby girl can I call you back later? My brother in Georgia is calling."

"Yeah it's fine is everything okay?"

"Yeah it's all good. I'll call you back later be safe." He says quickly then hangs up.

Well that was weird and now I'm bored again. Sometimes I cannot stand to be in this house all day and today is one of those days. It's just around eight o'clock so people should still be out at the park and basketball court. If I'm lucky the twins will be there too.

I get out of bed and put in some grey sweats I got from the mall a couple of weeks ago and Mari's letterman jacket. Then I slide on my Nike slides and head down the stairs making sure not to forget to grab my keychain.

The cold October breeze hits me once I start lmy journey down the sidewalk. To be honest I've walked this same side walk so many times now I don't even pay attention to where I'm going. I just let the side walk take to where it want me to go. And every time I walk I end up at a different location like the sidewalk changed or something.

The streets were quiet but not too quiet. In the distance you could hear the kids playing at the park or the sounds of the cars racing down the street. It even sounded like it was a block party going on somewhere because I heard music.

I don't know how but I made it to a corner store not to far from the park. There were a few cars parked out front that belonged to the hustlers. Who were sitting on there cars passing a blunt around and laughing. I never seen hanging out in front of a corner store as fun. But aye that's just me.