8

Aj Williams

Between me and Jakavius fighting and helping momma find Jakavius, I barely got any sleep. I was really finna just stay at home but then I remember I had to get Samiya for school.

I look at myself in the mirror and see a couple of scratches on my face and a busted lip. Yeah me and Jakavius was throwing them hoes for real. It's safe to say I won since he gotta black eyes and a broke nose.

He started the whole fight when he came in my room and snuck me. We was fighting for a good five minutes before Ty came and broke us apart. Then he kept trying to get past Ty talking about how I stole his girl and turned her against him.

Basically lying on my name because I never told Samiya what I found in his phone. Depending on how she feeling today I still might not tell her. I'm not trying to throw anymore bad news on her. She going through enough already.

I smooth the bandaid down on my cheek one last time then walk out the bathroom. Walking towards my room door I pick my bag up and exit my room.

"Aye ma I'm finna head out." I say loud enough for her to hear me.

"Alright be careful son! I love you!" She calls back.

" I love you too"

I was the last one to leave the house so there wouldn't be any confrontation. I didn't have any problem with that because I didn't take me much time to get ready. Ty had rode with Jakavius since he had morning tutoring to go to. Which was also fine with cause I like driving by myself anyway.

Samiya's house was nothing but up the block and around the corner so it took me no time to get there. I pull up beside the curb and head towards the front door. Once I get there I knock and ring the door bell.

"Come in !"

I open the door and walk into the all white house. When I say all white I mean ALL white house. I was scared to walk through the carpet.

"Samiya, where you at ?" I ask looking around.

Finally taking a step towards the living room I am shocked. To have this house decorated had to cost a couple stacks. I mean they got the all white couches and chairs and 64'' above the fire place.

"Hey Aj I'm ready when you are." Samiya says coming down the stairs.

She had on a jean skirt with a white long sleeve shirt and some black and white vans. Her hair was different from yesterday which left me wondering when she had time the get it done. It was curly and all over the place but it was cute at the same time.

"You look beautiful." I say without thinking which causes her to smile.

"Thank you. Now let's go before we are late I kinda what to stop and get something to eat because I'm hungry." She pulls me out the door behind her.

Once we get in the car I make sure she puts her seat belt on before pulling off. Putting on seat belts  is a big deal for me because my cousin died in a car crash. He ended up being the only one dying and it just so happen that he was the only one without a seatbelt. So yeah seat belts are a BIG DEAL.

The car ride to McDonald's was quiet for the most part since the radio was playing in the background. I really wanted to ask about last night but she seemed okay and happy. No need to try to fix something that's not broke.

"Aye so we gone give our dinner another chance or what? Instead of dinner I was thinking you could show me around. I still barely know my way around." I say cause this silence was killing me.

"That actually sounds like a good idea. Dallas really the best place to be we got everything you need." She smiles and looks out the window. "You like seafood? We can go to this place called Aunt Irene's after school."