9

Rico Brown

"Uncle Rico, you know Samiya hasn't talked to me all week?" Shawn asks as he walks through the door.

"Well it should all end today if everything goes as planned." I answer going through everything I was going to tell her.

It was the end of the week and I was currently at mommas house. Today is the day I am suppose to come clean to Samiya.

I had came over here because I needed help with telling Samiya the truth. But my hoe ass momma told me I had to be a man and do it myself. It's not that I have a problem with telling her the truth. I'm just not ready to see her reaction, I already know she gone cause hell.

If the roles were switched I know how I would act and no good comes from that. I just hope she lets me explain myself before she blows up. Whether she decided to talk to me or not after I explain myself if all up to her.

Samiya is suppose to be here around five o'clock and it's near four thirty now. The closer it gets to five to more nervous I get. I've never been this nervous before. Well actually I don't get nervous at all usually I'm calm and collective. But it's like when it comes to my daughter I'm a brand new person.

I remember the day she was first born. That was one crazy day for real. Between almost getting fired from my legal job to Samiya being born then somebody stealing from my trap. My mind was all over the place.

That was the day I knew Samiya was going to have a hold onto my life. Not just because she was my daughter but it was something about her that just had me stuck. The second I chose her over my money I knew some things were about to change.

Then the day cane when I had to die. If it wasn't for her life I would've came up with a plan to kill that nigga. Twenty four hours wasn't enough time for me to make up a working plan to get her back safely, kill everyone in there including Mikey and still get out of there alive.

That day was the first time I had been legitimately scared since I was a kid. I was scared to lose my baby girl. Scared to lose one of the few folks I actually love. I wasn't having it so I had to do what I had to do. Even if that did mean she had to lose me.

Call me selfish but I just thought that was in her best interest. That was my better judgment and it kept her safe and alive to see ten more years.

Yes I know it didn't go as planned with her going into a coma and everything. But I'd rather see her in a coma then in a casket any day. I was there every single day her almost lifeless body laid in that hospital bed.

I didn't leave till she started waking up. I didn't want her to see me because I couldn't risk her telling someone I was alive. I was always careful when I went to visit her. Always went during night since I had the hookup with my momma.

It took all of me to up and move to Jamaica. I was depressed as hell and so was Keira, Samiya's mother. I had to make the right decision and tell her to date other people. As much as I loved the fact that she didn't want anyone other than me. I wanted her to be happy since I didn't know if I was coming back again.

"Son I've done some soul searching and had a talk with god." Ma says while walking down the stairs.

I chuckle than say, "Oh yeah what you realize or find out now?"

"I've decide to help you. I know Samiya is going to react like the devil so I don't want you going through the alone."

"Thank you ma but I'm pretty sure I'll be okay now. I was just nervous." I explained.

"She says she's on her way." Shawn's announces walking back into the living room.

....

"Please make this quick I don't have all day." Samiya says coming through the door. "I'm suppose to be helping Angel with her project."