Meliodis

The crowd cheered on as Meliodis fought against a Blobish red demon known as a Snarl. It was fat and red with a forked tail and three horns on its head. It stood taller than the Hero but still it was fat and slow. The beast looked at Meliodis and growled. Meliodis clutched his sword and with one swing he claimed the demons head. Kneeling down he hung his head. The crowd still roared and it shook the arena. Meliodis looked at his bloodied hands and thought back on how he had gotten to this point.

7 year ago

Meliodis was the leader of a special group of angels given authorities by the Gods. while on their way back to the gates of heaven, another angel stopped them. The Arch-Angel Giovanni. He was there with a warning for them. Satan had been alive all this time and the Gods were hiding him as part of an agreement they made.  Meliodis told his friends and they all agreed to abandon heaven and drive the angels back to heaven and help humans get to safety until the war ended. The Gods were furious about this and turned their wings black as a symbol of their betrayal. Still the Gods searched for the angels who had been deemed fallen. The group of Fallen Angels separated into the kingdoms that was formed for humanities survival. Meliodis went on to travel the land and came up on an arena built by some raiders where they caught low level demons and got humans to fight them. Some humans had grown in strength. They could take out the demons if enough of them worked in unison.

Present Day.

Meliodis stood up and walked out of the Arena. He went and collected his cash and walked to a small hut on the outside of the destroyed town. An old withered man walked up to Meliodis' home. " Sir Lio" the man said calling out the name Meliodis was going by. " I know this is asking alot but a demon has taken over my home and is holding my family hostage, your the strongest man around here please help." he asked Meliodis. Meliodis reluctantly looked up at the man and nodded. "Where do you live sir" he asked the man. "Just behind the old store down there." Meliodis told the man to sit tight and let him go check out. Meliodis arrived at the mans home and saw a daring site. A C class demon was there feeding on a human body. it looked back at Meliodis and slowly turned around and charged at Meliodis. Meliodis dodged the attack and stood again looking at the challenger. It laughed at Meliodis, "Human" it said. It had horns on its head, and spikes coming from its back all the way down to its butt. Meliodis smiled and from his back. Big black wings shot from his back. Graceful, they looked graceful and beautiful. The wings of an angel colored black. The demon started to shiver. " one of the great angels. surely you know there's a huge bounty on your head right." he said. Meliodis hung his head and smiled more. He held out his right hand and spoke in his naturally deep voice. " come to me Holy sword Excalibur." a golden sword formed in his hand and with it he swung once taking the head of the big red beast. He walked back to his hut and gave the old man the head. " Thank you Sir Lio, thank you." The man said leaving.  Meliodis sat down in his hut feeling accomplished. A cloaked man walked up slowly approaching the home of Meliodis. "MELIODIS come outside its me your oldest friend" Meliodis ran outside to find one of his friends standing there. "Darkside, hello cousin how are you." they walked and talked for a minute, Darkside stopped walking. The two had made it to a field with no one else in sight. " I know why you brought me out here cousin." Meliodis turned to him and noticed a fist sailing at him faster than light. He dodged by leaning backwards slightly. Darkside flew into the air and hovered over Meliodis. He grinned and his wings opened just as dark as Meliodis', Dark mist emitted from the open wings and surrounded Meliodis. Meliodis jumped into the air and grabbed Darkside's leg and threw him to the ground. the impact formed a crater in the ground. " You cheating piece of crap" Darkside said springing up from the hole. "Fight me with all you've got Meliodis, pull out the Holy sword Odaku and fight me." he screamed laughing and conjuring a dark sword made of evil energy. " Holy Sword Odaku isn't my strongest attack anymore." Meliodis said moving his hand above his head causing the earth beneath Darkside's feet to shake and then encased him in a rock tomb. Darkside's muffled cursing could be heard inside but Meliodis hovered gracefully in the air, as his wings flapped he chuckled, then snapped his fingers. The earth he had moved and trapped his cousin in exploded and fire went everywhere. After the dust settled Darkside's body was nowhere to be found. Meliodis stayed calm knowing that his cousin cant be beaten that easily. "hi" Darkside said appearing behind Meliodis. Meliodis quickly kicked him away and into a nearby tree. " ok thats enough for now Jamarez. Meliodis said landing safely on the ground. Darkside teleported beside him and his body disappeared from the broken tree. "clones huh" Meliodis said smiling. Darkside looked up to the sky and grinned. " you know one day, i'll beat you Kyshawn" He said running. "you used my real name, now you die Jamarez" Meliodis kicked him again into a tree, this time it wasn't a clone. Darkside rose up from the broken wood. " cheap shot" he said spitting out a tooth. Meliodis thought to himself. " Darkside has always been a powerhouse of the group with his dark powers. As if he had the power of Satan himself." They both walked back to Meliodis' house. 

"why are you here cousin?" Meliodis asked fixing his cousin something to drink. "we need to go and get the brute, well everyone really we need to be together, there's something coming, i had a vision of another war. I couldn't make out much but i saw the Gods killing everyone, everyone in their way they slew and mowed down." He said. Meliodis stood up from his chair and grabbed his favorite sword. " Lets go then to the Lions Kingdom, lets get the brute first.

CHAPTER 2: Next chapter another angel will be revealed. The angel of carnage and vengeance, Giovanni.