Chapter Ten Full Moon

Tuesday, 28th January, 2014

"Good Morning Misty." I walked into the Great Hall and joined my friends.  I had slept in a little later than the others today and I had no clue the reason.  After Christmas when the others had got back the most embarrassing gift awaited us.  Charlotte had bought hats for the three of us with the words 'Charlotte is back on them.  Breakfast was cereal, porridge, toast, grapefruit and tea.  It was very enjoyable. 

After breakfast we had Charms.  Professor Lynch taught us how to open locked doors but we're not so good at it yet it'll take some practice.

"Girls, remember that today is the full moon and the time when the teachers are free today is probably around lunch, because Professor Black, Professor Mac Wright and Professor Scarisbrick don't have any more lessons for a while." Fern informed us. 

"That's after Defence Against the Dark Arts, meet outside Professor Scrisbrick's class okay? We'll eat Lunch first." Faith told us.  In Defence Against the Dark Arts, Professor Scarisbrick was acting more nervous than usual.  He knocked things over and broke them.  He stuttered so much you couldn't understand him.  In this class we presented our homework to the class, I had done a presentation on the Spider-Leopard since I knew so much about it already, Professor Scarisbrick seemed very interested in my presentation.  The class went quite smoothly.   Soon enough lunch came.  Lunch was a calm time and we enjoyed salad, ham sandwiches and coleslaw, tomato soup and bread.  We were so excited and scared, we barley ate anything! At the end of lunch we went together towards the fourth floor.  We crept their and down the corridor, watching out for Edmund and his hideous rat, Rubius.  We snuck down the corridor and towards the door, then we heard a sound, a sweet lullaby and we knew that Black had already made it, and put a permanent lullaby on an instrument, when we tried to open the door we discovered it was locked.

"The doors locked now how do we get in?" Taylor gave up.

"Try this," Faith moved towards the door and pointed her wand at the lock.  "Reserare!" There was a flash of light from her wand but then the spell bounced back and we ducked.  "There's a protection spell now how do we get in?" Faith thought.  I searched the door.  I noticed a hole around about twenty centimetres tall. 

"I've got it! I'll crawl under." I transformed into a kitten and slowly crawled under the hole in a crouch.

"Don't forget the spell is Reserare!" Faith reminded me.  Showing me the wand movement as well.  I looked around the room from the hole.  The room was darkened and the sun light shone dimly through the windows the Spider-leopard sat by the window and looked playful and happy.  I wondered if it would listen to me if I talked to it.  I decided to try.

"Hello, are you okay?" I asked slowly.

"Of course I am! What do you expect kit!" The leopard replied I was shocked for a bit and she addressed me as kit. 

"What is your name? I'm Misty," I questioned.

"I'm Speckeltein." The spider-leopard replied.

"I'm sorry Speckeltein but I have to stop someone from doing evil and I have to let my friends in could you be nice to them?" I was unsure.

"Fine." She didn't sound in a good mood.

I transformed and pulled my wand out.

"Reserare!" The door unlocked and swung open.

"About time Misty, what were you doing?" Hailey exclaimed.

"Speckeltein."

"Who is Speck......Oh." I pointed before Lily finished her sentence.