Wake Up Call

36 hours later

It smelled... musty. Gross.

Whatever it was, it was comfortable, but background noise that Keith couldn't identify kept him from falling asleep again. 

Keith tiredly opened his eyes to face the most 60s looking floral fabric he'd ever seen in his life. That's when he realized that he was lying face down, sprawled out on a... bed?

I don't remember falling asleep here, he thought, although hardly worried; being a college student, it wasn't the first time Keith had woken up in a place with no recollection of how he got there, and he was sure it wouldn't be the last.

He groaned, already feeling the stiffness of his muscles, but before he could make any move to sit up, he heard a familiar voice.

"Shh, guys! I think he's waking up."

"Oh shit... what are we gonna tell him?"

"The truth; that it was your fault."

"Hey! Was not."

Keith groaned again, louder this time. "Where," he slowly began, face still against the cushion and his voice low and weak from sleep, "The hell am I?"

He slowly turned his face to the side, ignoring the tension in his neck, but was forced to shut his eyes again at the blinding daylight. It seemed that none of his friends seemed eager to respond.

"Welcome, Keith Kogane," an all-to-familiar voice began dramatically, "To your worst nightmare."

"What the fuck? Lance?" Keith muttered groggily, using his sore arms to push himself into a sitting position on what seemed to be the edge of an inflatable mattress, some blankets thrown haphazardly across where Keith was. 

"Uh, yeah," he heard Lance laugh nervously as he rubbed his eyes and then put his hand back down, letting himself take in his surroundings for the first time. 

He was inside a very small room- no, he could hear a quiet rumbling going on under the floor; he was in a vehicle

Lance was directly in front of him, staring at him with an expression of being both curious and afraid. Pidge was on his left. 

"W-where am I?" He asked, almost not wanting to know the answer. 

"Uh... yeah, about that," Lance wrung his hands nervously, and while he came up with an explanation, Keith diverted his attention to observe where he was. 

It was obviously some kind of short bus, or maybe just a long car, based on the size of the inside. Towards the front, there was an ugly mustard yellow curtain that separated where he guessed the drivers were from the rest of the space. 

Surrounding him and the semi-flat mattress on which he was seated, there were two chairs, a small couch on which it seemed only one could fit, and a mini fridge. Keith could already tell that he was hungry; he hoped there was something in it. 

"Well... I- no, we," Lance cautiously began, "We just..."

Pidge rolled her eyes and interrupted him, obviously unsatisfied with the pace of his explanation. "You're in our van," she briefly explained, a satisfied glint in her eye that was almost evil, "Lance abducted you."

Keith blanched, meanwhile Lance looked between the both of them as if they had just confessed to being lovers. 

"N-no! We didn't abduct you!" Lance exclaimed, glaring at Pidge, and Keith crossed his arms and looked at Lance expectantly for what was sure to be an entertaining explanation.