Camping

Marks perspective~
I woke up with Jacks arms around me. His grip was loose, so I was able to slightly tug myself free without disturbing his sleep. I go downstairs and start cooking breakfast when an idea pops into my head.
'Maybe I can take Jack camping tonight..' I thought. It wouldn't be a bad idea. To maybe get out of the house and enjoy nature for a while. It always calmed me to hear the birds chirp and the river water trickle down the stream. I cooked the same breakfast as yesterday and heard slight litter patter upstairs.
"Jack?" I asked loudly.
"Be right down Mark!" Jack yelled back.
Mark set their plates down as a groggy Jack walked down the stairs and sat down.
"Morning sleepyhead," I said. Jack smiled a warm, tired smile and rubbed his eyes with his sleeves over his hands.
'This kid is adorable,' I thought.
"Thanks Mark," I heard Jack say.
I immediately jump.
"Oh, I said that out loud?" I laughed nervously.
Jack didn't respond. He just got up, walked over to me, and sunk into my arms. I hugged him back and he wrapped his legs around my waist. I carried him to the table and pulled his plate over and we ate breakfast in the same chair, with him on my lap. I decided to ask Jack about camping.
"Hey Jack, how do you feel about camping tonight?" I ask him.
"Oh hell yea, I haven't been camping in like... years," Jack replied.
"Awesome, I'm going to get everything ready. Feel free to shower if you need to." I told him, picking him up and setting him on the chair. I went to the basement and gathered the tent, chairs, sleeping bags, matches, and started to head back upstairs to pack some food. I noticed that Jack was gone and the bathroom light was on.
'Must be showering,' I thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jack's perspective~
I decided to take a shower. I gathered different clothes and hopped inside. I started my normal shower rutine when something started talking to me.
"h͚̖̜̍̃͐e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑y͉̝͖̻̯ͮ̒̂ͮ͋ͫͨ, m̘͈̺̪͓ͩ͂̾ͪ̀̋o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊r̼̯̤̈ͭ̃ͨ̆t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍l͕͖͉̭̰ͬ̍ͤ͆̊ͨ.."
I paused.
"Mark?" I said quietly, figuring he was in the bathroom. But he wasn't. I brushed it off as the neighbors and continued, washing my hair.
"n͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊ i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣt̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊s̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚ n͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊ h͚̖̜̍̃͐i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣm̘͈̺̪͓ͩ͂̾ͪ̀̋..." it said again.
"Who's talking?" I was now nervous. I opened the curtain and saw no one there.
"a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍w̠̘̗͖̮̥ͣ̽ͫ͂w̠̘̗͖̮̥ͣ̽ͫ͂, l͕͖͉̭̰ͬ̍ͤ͆̊ͨo͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊k̲̱̠̞̖ͧ̔͊̇̽̿̑ͯͅ a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊ y͉̝͖̻̯ͮ̒̂ͮ͋ͫͨo͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊u̟͎̲͕̼̳͉̲ͮͫͭ̋ͭ͛ͣ̈.. s̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚c͔ͣͦ́́͂ͅa̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍r̼̯̤̈ͭ̃ͨ̆d̥̝̮͙͈͂̐̇ͮ̏̔̀̚ͅy͉̝͖̻̯ͮ̒̂ͮ͋ͫͨ c͔ͣͦ́́͂ͅa̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊."
"Who's there?" I asked.
"i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣm̘͈̺̪͓ͩ͂̾ͪ̀̋ i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣn͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊ y͉̝͖̻̯ͮ̒̂ͮ͋ͫͨo͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊u̟͎̲͕̼̳͉̲ͮͫͭ̋ͭ͛ͣ̈r̼̯̤̈ͭ̃ͨ̆ h͚̖̜̍̃͐e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍d̥̝̮͙͈͂̐̇ͮ̏̔̀̚ͅ.. t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊h͚̖̜̍̃͐e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑ n͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍m̘͈̺̪͓ͩ͂̾ͪ̀̋e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑s̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚ a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍n͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣ.."
"Oh my god I'm going insane.." Jack said, slapping himself repeatedly.
"o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊k̲̱̠̞̖ͧ̔͊̇̽̿̑ͯͅa̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍y͉̝͖̻̯ͮ̒̂ͮ͋ͫͨ.. s̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊p̱̱̬̻̞̩͎̌ͦ̏ n͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊w̠̘̗͖̮̥ͣ̽ͫ͂."
Jack shook his head and exited the shower. He began to put his clothes on when he realized he forgot a shirt.
"Ah shit." He mumbled. He exited the bathroom and went into Marks room, where his stuff was.
"Oh hey.. jaaaackkkk?" Mark said, surprised.
"Hey! Sorry I forgot my shirt heheh.." I said embarrassed.
"Oh.. heh don't worry about it.." He said to me.
"Whatcha doin?" I asked.
"Tryna find my bag for tonight.." Mark said.
I nodded, put my shirt on and packed for tonight. I was in the kitchen when Mark walked downstairs.
"Hey.." he said scratching the back of his head.
"What time should we head out tonight?" He asked.
"Hm.. Maybe 4?" I suggested. Mark looked at the clock. It read 3:00.
"Will do," Mark replied.
"awesome." I said.
{тιмє ѕкιρ σf тнє ¢єитυяу}
It was time to head out. I grabbed our bags, and the tent and we were off. We jammed to our favorite artists and talked on our way to the camp site. When we got there it was about 4:45. We picked a spot near the top of the waterfall which was perfect for calming me down. We set up camp and decided to go for a stroll. We kept all of our stuff in our tent to make sure no travelers would just come and raid our site. We walked the path for what seemed like hours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jack's perspective~
I decided to break the silence and look over to Mark. He looked the most calm he has been in the last two days. He looked at peace with himself and the world around him.
"Whatcha thinkin 'bout Mark?" I ask.
Mark turns to me.
"Nothing, just.." Mark paused. He looked through the trees.
"What up, baby?" I said calmly and smoothly. I saw Mark tense up just a little but quickly ease back when we passed a few birds.
"Do you ever.. hear anyone talking.. when no ones there?" Mark asked. I was shocked.
"Well.. it happened to me early today when I took a shower." I told him. He looked stressed in his eyes but his body was relaxed.
"What's up?" I ask, calmly to make sure Mark wasn't anxious.
"Something's happening to you.. I went through something similar. It's nothing to be too worried about... but I figured I'd tell you.." he said.
"I'm all ears." I replied.
"We all have our demons. Most peoples are metaphors, ours... are real." Mark said. I tried to look calm but I must have looked scared since Mark grabbed my hand and held it tightly.
"But... don't be scared.." he said. "He only comes out at night... when you're sleeping.. though he may be new.. he'll figure things out soon enough." Mark said.
"Tell me more.." I practically begged.
"Well, my demon knows yours.. mines name is Dark.." he explained to me.
"I believe mine told me.. his name was Anti?" Or so I thought.
"y͉̝͖̻̯ͮ̒̂ͮ͋ͫͨo͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊u̟͎̲͕̼̳͉̲ͮͫͭ̋ͭ͛ͣ̈ g͎͚̥͎͔͕ͥ̿o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊ i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣt̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊." Anti said, laughing evilly.
Mark must have been able to tell he was talking to me when he pulled me closer.
"He'll talk to you... but as he grows used to you.. he'll know when good times to invade are." Mark explained.
I nodded.
"Let's go back to camp?" I asked.
"Sure.." Mark replied. "It's getting pretty late, sunset already."
{a/n: play song above at this part for the feels :)}
We walked back to camp and decided to start a fire and put out the chairs before the sun went down.
"Come," Mark said to me, gesturing to take his hand. I took it and he walked me to the edge of the cliff where the waterfall was rushing down. We sat on the edge a good half a foot apart. We watched the sun set as I took in a large breath and let it out. When the sun was perfectly on the horizon, Mark turned to me. He Scooched over to me and put his arm around my shoulders. I leaned on his shoulder when he started to talk to me.
"You know.. if I was at home I'd be really nervous about this.." he began to say. I took his hand to acknowledge what he was saying.
"And, I know it's fast and everything's happening all at once.. but I can't keep holding back.. it'll make me go nuts," he explained.
"Mhmm," I hummed.
"And," I felt Mark grow warmer.
"I was wondering if you wanted to.. well I mean you don't have to, but I was wondering if you'd.."
I cut him off.
"Be your boyfriend?" I asked.
Mark looked shocked and embarrassed. He nodded.
I pulled away from him, causing him to go a bit pale.
"Mark," I moved his chin to face me.
"Of course.." I said, embracing him. He hugged me back, rubbing my back.