Astrid

Astrid Hofferson was a warrior, a general of the Berk Guard. She had fought Outcasts and Berserkers, friends and foes. She had flown past the Archipelago and back, so it came to a surprise to Astrid that her stomach felt so uneasy as she flew up to the highest point in Berk's village on her blue wyvern, where Gothi, the village elder and healer of the Viking tribe, resided. Dismounting her dragon, Stormfly, with ease, shoulder plates and and metal-spiked skirt chinking, the blonde woman called out, "Gothi? Are you here, Gothi?"

Unlike the rest of the village of Berk, Gothi lived in a precariously located hut on a steep mountain, the only entrances being by aerial transportation, or if you were up for the trip, climbing up the rocky, spiraling pathway, which was inevitably more dangerous and time consuming. Considering Astrid's current condition and emotional state, she was even more inclined to take the easy route than usual.

Astrid was about to knock when a short, frail, old woman appeared on the threshold. Gothi's long hooked nose was straight on her face and a small Viking helmet sat perched atop her braided hair. Gesturing inside with her cane, the mute woman slipped back inside her hut, closely trailed behind by Astrid. The village elder's hut was much like any other on Berk. A small table, a warm hearth crackling in the corner, and a few shields and weapons to decorate the walls. A few of Gothi's Terrible Terrors were resting by the heat of the flames, the cat-sized creatures breaths slow in their sleep. One corner of the large first floor, however, held shelves upon shelves of herbs and vegetation. Some larger jars contained yak horns or sheep eyes. Astrid would never be able to figure out how they were all used.

A paneled fabric room divider gave way to another, longer wooden table as she followed Gothi and rounded the divider. An examination table for patients, she realized. Gothi only pointed to a chair across from her own, and the younger woman obeyed. Unlike the rest of the hut, this corner of her home didn't have any flooring so as to be able to communicate with her patients in the village, and now the old healer wrote for Astrid to read:

Why are you here Astrid?

~ ~ ~

Hey everyone! This is really only a Hiccstrid drabble but I'm splitting it up because aesthetics and it makes my POVs more organized. Um...enjoy?

Oh, wait. So August was my birthday so I got this cool sweater and mug that say My Patronus is a Night Fury and it's honestly so amazing! I love it!

Ah, that's all for now. I have the next few POVs already done so I'm going to stick them in now.

- TGD