Sleepless Lester

Phil was beginning to fall asleep on Dan, the past two sleepless nights were finally catching up to him. He rested his head in Dan's lap, staring up at his eyes as he fell asleep. They were a soft, dark shade of brown, like the soaked bark on an old tree after it rains. Dan gazed at phil, watching his eyelids flutter as he tried to fight the drowsiness that overcame him.

"Phil? Phil, you have to go to your bed," Dan whispered softly, not wanting to shake Phil from his dreams. Phil hummed lightly in response, still half asleep. Dan couldn't help but smile in awe; the expression on Phil's face was so peaceful, it hurt Dan to have to wake him so soon. But Phil was sound asleep, Dan couldn't get him to wake up; he almost didn't even want to.

The clock on the ebony shelf across from the two read *11:53*. Dan decided that since Phil wasn't going to wake up any time soon, he'd have to take matters into his own hands- quite literally. Dan rose from his seat, carefully lifting Phil's head from his lap. Dan took a deep breath as he scooped Phil up off the sofa, one arm wrapped underneath his legs and the other near his shoulders.

Phil didn't wake completely, only enough to be able to turn his upper body so that he'd be able to rest his head on Dan's arm as he hugged him. Dan made his way up the stairs without much trouble, stopping momentarily as he pushed upen the door to Phil's room with his leg, nearly losing his balance as he did so.

Dan tucked Phil into his bed with ease, thankful that Phil hadn't made his bed that day. "Do you want me to turn your nightlight on?" Dan asked quietly, not knowing if Phil would answer. Phil shook his head no, and Dan silently looked around the room, admiring the way the moon beamed through the closed windows. The soft sound of cars driving by filled the otherwise silent room.

Dan loved the overall atmosphere of their flat, and he had developed a liking to Phil's room. It had two windows on the eastern wall where the light came in on early mornings as the sun rose, and where the moon and stars shone through, illuminating the room every night.

A/N: My writing sucks, sorry -Lex