nothin's gonna hurt you baby ❥ river phoenix

SelenaQuintanillas

SelenaQuintanillas

i know this is really short, but i really am proud of this one and i enjoyed writing it so i hope you like it! we're also gonna pretend this song came out in the 90s mkay??

It was a peaceful evening. The wind whispered amongst the sunset sky, creating quiet around the two that lied under the willow tree, surrounded by tall grass that quietly rustled with the breeze. A radio was softly playing in the background.

Gabby rested against the tree, looking down at the boy lying with his head in her lap, her hand slowly running itself through his soft hair. River held her other hand that rested on his stomach, softly tapping his foot to the song that played. Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby by Cigarettes After Sex.

"Gabby," His voice broke the silence as he looked up at his love. She looked down at him, mumbling a soft 'hm'. "Dance with me." He said softly, giving her a small smile, earning one in return as well as nod as they both stood up. He gently took her hands and they started dancing, slowly, and not even formally, just the two of them.

They danced until they were resting against the tree again. This time, River was the one leaning against the tree, Gabby lying between his legs with her back against his chest, the boy's arms wrapped around her and her head resting on the spot just below his shoulder.

He placed soft kisses to her cheek, "What do you want for your birthday?" He asked her quietly, causing her to smile. "I don't want anything." She told him, earning a playful eye roll from him. "There has to be something you want." He said, then smirked to himself.

"I know what to give you," His hands slowly went from her stomach to her sides, beginning to tickle her. She bursted out laughing, causing him to smile at the sound of it. She ended up thrashing on the ground with him straddling her, still tickling her. "Uncle! River! Uncle!" She yelled, laughing. He stopped, laughing. He moved to hover over her, holding himself up with his arms beside each side of her head.

She smiled up at him, "What about your birthday?" She asked softly. He smiled down at her, his face close to hers. "I already have what I need." He said, just above a whisper. He pecked her nose, nuzzling it with his own before kissing her lips softly.

✯✯✯
happy (late, late) stand by me day!! 31 years. never gonna get old.