A Fight For Love

Alan's Point of View

"Hey! Alan wanna go to get coffee with us?" Sparling asked. I decided on not going so that I could chill by myself. I already went to her band's movie night, I wouldn't want to intrude on yet another one of their hangouts, especially since I'm almost positive that Kai doesn't like me that much.

I started to walk in the opposite direction to god knows where. Sometimes I didn't care where I was headed, it gave me a lot of time to think.

As soon as I landed in a convience store, I bought a few things; including a lighter, pack of cigarettes, gum, and chips. I thought that would be enough to fulfill my happiness. The amount came to $5.89, enough for what I brought with me.

"Woah wait, are you Alan Ashby?" the young cashier asked me.

"Yeah, are you coming to the show tonight?" I asked back.

The boy slowly shook his head, "No I can't make it. This dumb job always interferes." We both laughed.

"Well hey, there's always a next time." I suggested. He nodded and said.

I smiled and waved goodbye.

While I was walking back, Kai stood by the gate closing off the buses. I didn't want to say anything to him, but he had to say something.

"You know? Sparling doesn't like smokers." He leaned on the wall, and crossed his arms.

"Well she obviously doesn't mind, she knows I smoke. Plus, how would you know?" I crossed my arms, and popped out my hip sassily.

"Believe me, I've known her longer than you have." He got closer in my face. I had to admit I was pretty scared of him. I mean he's taller, muscular(like 5x my size), and just all around creepy to me.

"Listen, I don't want to start an argument because of this." My hands immediately went up as a surrender sign. He smirked at me, and then he rolled his eyes.

"Look Alan, stop being a wimp about this, we all know it was going to happen. You know that I love Sparling, and you don't so I think we know who she is meant to be with." He cockily pointed to himself, after shoving me back a bit.

"Really Kai? You're gonna try to start a fight because of a girl?" I raised my voice, throwing my cigarette butt on the ground.

Kai raised his arm as if he was about to hit me, but someone interupted. Not just anyone, it was Sparling.

*Sparling's Point of View*

"Excuse me? Am I interupting something important?" I crossed my arms angrily. How dare Kai try to hit Alan. How dare Alan for not walking away! If someone was to ask if I was angry, I would say I was furious.

"Um, well actually, Alan was smoking, and I know you don't like smokers, so I deci..." Kai tried to explain the story, but I cut him off.

"I heard the whole thing, but it does not give you a reason to hit Alan! You shouldn't of even said anything in the first place!" I noticed Alan trying to slowly walk away, "And Alan, you should've walked away! You should've just ignored him and walked in the other direction like you're trying to do right now. How dare you two ruin my day! Talk to me when you're done being childish." I walked away, towards the bus.

I was not dealing with anymore stuff, they already ruined my day enough. I'd just try to get through the show, and then keep to myself. And they're all to blame.

************************

hey guys, i'm the co-writer! my name is alyssa, and i'll be helping with burning red. I'm excited to be helping out! I'm sorry I didn't write sooner, I've been busy, but here it is! -alyssa