Author's Note

Hi! I'd like to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has taken time out of their day to read whether it's a sentence, chapter, or even the entire story. You seriously have no clue how much I appreciate it!

There IS a sequel! Status: In the Midst.

In this "Author's Note" I will be answering some general questions (if you have any, please comment them) and I'll answer it. First, I'd like to begin by writing a few overall comments on the story.

-----

This is my second story which I have published on Wattpad. This time around, I tried to plan out things that I wanted to happen for each part before writing it. Personally, I think it turned out better than the first story which I wrote.

Before I began writing Status: On-Screen, I had a rough idea of how I wanted the story to go and I had about 10 parts pre-written. I didn't like it that much, so I scrapped it and created this. I'm very happy with my decision of doing it because I quite enjoy how this one turned out.

I believe that all of us are somehow influenced by fame. I mean, have you never thought about what it would be like if you were a part of a movie? If you had it all and got to meet other celebrities? I know I have.

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to create a story which had that tied into it whilst having other conflicts in the story. I had several ideas of how I wanted it to start and end so it was only a matter of time to figure out who I wanted to feature in the story. I knew that I wanted the main character to be fictional, but I wasn't sure what "movie cast" to use. Of course, I could have made my own movie line and characters, but that would have been more challenging. Plus, I wanted it to be easier to visualize while I wrote and for the readers as well.

Personally, I love the Marvel movies. I'm not much of a comic book person (sorry), but I love the movies. So once I found out about another Spider-Man remake, I was quite excited. For a while now, I've been a fan of Zendaya and Robert Downey Junior's work on-screen. Seriously, I loved watching Zendaya on Disney Channel when I was 8. Shake it Up was literally my favourite show 😂. Iron Man was the first Marvel movie that I ever watched and I instantly fell in love with the MCU and watched much more.

After watching Spider-Man: Homecoming, I think a lot of people can agree that they've now got a thing for Tom Holland. Stepping out of the theatre made me realize that this was a great cast (RDJ, Zendaya, Tom, Jacob, Laura, Marisa, Michael etc...). To add on, I love how they're all pretty great friends off-screen as well. I thought to myself, that if I seriously want to use the plot which I visioned, this cast was going to be my best shot.

No shade or anything to other writers who create fanfictions of actors and celebrities, I wanted to make this as legit as I could. I didn't want to have Tom Holland or Jacob Batalon to come off snobby or cocky at all.

In all honesty, I find it really hard to be creative. I think that writing this story, pushed me past my limits in the best way possible because I really wanted to make the main character, Zara Costanza almost fit in yet still make her different (I hope that makes sense) with the rest of the celebrities. While writing the story, most of the time, I thought about what it would be like if I was the one in her shoes. In some ways, I made her as much like me as possible.

Also, I had no clue how to end the story. So I wanted to leave the readers with some doubts to feel wary of what she'll become, but I also wanted to end it on a positive note.

General Questions

Why did you create the story?

The most honest answer that I can give you is that I began writing at the beginning of July 2017. School ended late June and my goal at the beginning of the summer was to create and finish another story. And so I did. Also, I thought it would be neat to imagine myself as an actress. I really thought about what fame was like.