Party

"Natalie!" My mom yells from the kitchen.
I roll off bed and walk into the kitchen,"Yes mom."

"Me and Grace are going to the store to pick up hotdog buns, red, white, and blue cups and plates, and other stuff for today, if you wanted to go? Also is Mathew coming over today?"
My mom asks gathering her stuff.

"No I don't want to go. And no he is not he said they were gonna do something. But thanks. Also I was wondering, since Jake is torturing me and he invited us to his house for dinner and he hasn't came over yet, that you wouldn't mind if he comes over today for the 4th of July, barbecue party thing?"
I ask my mom.

"Hey you know what that is a good idea. Go ahead... Also if he is gonna come then make sure the house is clean please." Mom says before leaving.

"Hugh... always me who has to clean. Who cares I'm gonna go text Jake... No I'm gonna walk over there. Dad I'm gonna walk over to Jake's to see if wants come." I say walking to my room.

"Ok Natalie just remember what your mom said. If need be I'll clean the floor." Dad says winking at me signaling our secret underground cleaning thing between us.

"Ok thank you dad." I say leaving.

When I get to his door I ring the doorbell, and wait for him to come to the door.

"Oh hey Natalie. Oh crap, are we studying today?" Jake asks still in his pajamas.

"No we are not. I was just wondering if you wanted to come over for the fourth of July party, barbecue, thing we are having at our house?" I ask secretly hoping he says yes.

"Umm... Yeah sure I'll come when is it? Like what time?" Jake asks.

"Hum... I'm not sure we are just having it. Maybe in an hour you can come over, my mom should be back by then. And it looks like you might need to change." I say pointing to his pajamas.

"Oh yeah I forgot I was in these clothes. I woke up when you rang the doorbell. But yeah I'll come. So in a hour that should be like One o'clock around that."

"Is today one of your work days?" I ask hoping it's not.
"No it's not Im just lazy and didn't want to get out of bed." Jake says leaning up against the door.

"Oh ok that's good. Well I guess I'll see you later." I say.

"Ok see you later bye." Jake says waving and closing the door.
I wave back before he closes it all the way.

"Omg I can't wait for him to come over." I think to myself. "I need to change."
I think as I start to walk faster to the house.

When I walk in the floors are clean and my dad says "Natalie I cleaned the floors so just go and clean the bathroom. Also your mom texted me and said she is gonna be a little longer, there's a lot of people in Walmart."

"Ok he is gonna come. And how did you know to clean the floors?" I ask my dad.

"Ok that's cool. And they needed to be cleaned. So I was just like I'm gonna clean them anyways." Dad says hanging the mop up.

"Ok it's clean." I say leaving the bathroom. "I'm gonna go get changed I smell like chemicals."

"Ok it's gonna be hot so I don't want to wear pants... Ohh I can wear my high wasted shorts... No, she will say those are too short change." I said mocking my mom. "I'll just wear these shorts with this blue shirt." I say standing at my closet.

"Guys were home I need help to bring in the bags!" I hear my mom yell from the kitchen.

"Yeah hold up a minute I'm getting dressed!" I yell back.
I put on my clothes and go into the kitchen and say
"He is gonna come and yes we I mean I cleaned." And I walk out into the garage and bring in the rest of the bags.