Found the Bad Future

"Oh my gosh I can't believe school starts next month." I sigh into the phone.
"Have you finished the one book that you had to read?" I ask Mathew emphasizing one.

"Um yeah totally finished it." Mathew sarcastically says.

"Mathew! Did you even read any of it?" I say jokingly mad at him.

"Yes I did. I read six chapters." He says.
"Oh wow. Six how many chapters are there?" I ask.

"There are fifteen." Mathew says sounding like he is dreading the next conversation.

"Fifteen? That's simple math you have nine more to read Mathew."

"Ah ha math. Did you do your math?" Mathew asks trying to prove a point.

"Yes half of it is done. Three more packets to do. Ha." I said proving him right back.

"Whatever. How did you even do all that math? Your not good at math." Mathew asks.

"I have somebody tutoring me." I say.

"Who?" Mathew asks.

"That new neighbor I was telling you about. Jake. He is really good at math. He helped me a lot. Probably more than the teachers ever did." I say thinking about Jake.

"Oh." He said his voice sounding different.

"Yeah. He's great. He really has helped me." I say putting him on speaker and grabbing the remote to watch Netflix.

"Oh cool." Mathews voice goes brittle.

"Hey what's wrong?" I ask concerned.

"Oh. Oh. Nothing I'm fine." Mathew clears his throat.

"Ok. You sounded different." I added.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I have to go though." Mathew rushed.

"Um... Ok. Bye I guess."

"Bye."  Mathew hangs up the phone.

"What is wrong with you?" I ask grabbing my phone.

While I'm scrolling through Netflix my sister comes into my room asking.
"Hey. What are you gonna do today? I'm bored."

"Well now I'm trying to find something to watch. Then at twelve I have to go and watch Kristys kids." I explain looking at the time.

"Well you don't have much time, it's tenthirty. And why does she always ask you and never me. I can never do anything. Now im gonna have to stay here by myself." Grace complains.

"Well I'm sorry Grace. She asks me cause she knows I'll do it. And the last time you watched them you let them wreck her house, and she cleaned it after a twelve hour shift that she worked. Maybe that's why. And if you want I'll let you stay in my room while I'm gone and watch Netflix." I bargain her cause they won't let her have Netflix.

"Ok ok. Yes. Thank you Natalie." Grace excitedly thanks me.

"But... you are not to mess with any of my stuff. And do not make a mess. Also don't tell mom." I warn her.

"Ok I won't."

"And if dad finds out?" I question her to finish.

"I was watching Disney movies. Which I am." Grace answers.

"Ok. And if mom finds out?" I ask Grace.

"We are both dead." She answers jokingly.

"Yes. Now let me watch something before I have to get ready to go please." I rush her out of my room.