The Dinner

After my mom shuts the door she goes to the living room and starts talking to my dad. "So that was the new neighbor. His name is Jake. He asked if we would be able to come to his house for dinner I told him that tonight would not work, but tomorrow would cause you are working the night."
"Ok. But I would like to meet him as well, it would be nice not to be left out of everything." My dad says sarcastically.

"Well Mark it isn't up to me for your schedule, sorry. And knowing you you'll be out side cleaning your truck and you'll see him and y'all will stat talking." Said my mom giving her point.
"Yeah I guess your right." My dad said before going back to his Netflix show on his phone.
"So are we going to Jake's house for dinner tomorrow?" I asked already knowing the answer.
"Yes we are." My mom said.
"Ok just wondering. Are we doing anything tomorrow?" I ask.
"No just staying at the house. I am though getting up and making breakfast. And if you don't mind I've already missed half of the movie I'm watching."

"Ok well than good night love y'all." I say walking off to my bedroom.
"Night love you." My mom and dad say in unison.

The next morning I'm awoken by the smell of bacon cooking. So I get up and walk into the bathroom and use the toilet, wash my hands, brush my teeth all that stuff. I walk into the kitchen "Morning. Is there coffee? I ask still tired.

"Yes in the coffee pot don't drink it all I want some too." My mom says as she is flipping bacon.

I poor me a cup and grab the creamer out of the fridge, I mix them, I set my cup on the counter to let it cool and I walk to my room to grab my phone. When I come back I notice my sister is doing last weeks homework​. "So when's that due?" I ask laughing. "Why are you even doing that school is over?"

"Oh shut up." She says rolling​ her eyes.
My mom jumps in saying "Y'all be nice. Not this morning please?"
"Sorry mom." We both say looking at each other rolling our eyes.

So after breakfast we clean the kitchen I go into my room and am watching YouTube. When I get a text from my best friend Mathew sayings "hay wyd dork?" I text back saying "nothing bout u dork?" I start laughing at our weirdness cause we have a friendship like that.
He texts back saying "so what ya gonna do today?"
I reply with "gonna chill around the house till we go to this neighbor's house for dinner plz don't ask." He types back "ok won't ask I'm gonna go back to bed I know, I know, I'm lazy. Love ya girl ttyl." I say "lol kk." And go back to YouTube till it's time to get ready.

When my alarm goes off to get ready I walk to my closet to pick what I'm gonna wear. "Oooh that's pretty I like that. I forgot I even had that." I say admiring my short black dress with red polka dots. I hang it on my door so I don't get my cats hair on it. I walk over to the mirror in my room. I put my hair in a messy bun and than do my make up. When I finish my make up I get thirsty so I walk into the kitchen and get a glass of water. My mom walk in and says "Hum no that eye makeup is to dark no. You are 17 not 21 go change the color." I say "Is the black dress with red polka dots ok?"

"Yes that's fine just that eyeshadow. Would you tell your sister start getting ready please?" My mom asks

"Yes I will." I say walking down the hall to my sisters room. "Mom said to get ready."

When I'm done fixing my eyeshadow and my hair I put on my dress I have to pick out shoes so I just grab my black Converse shoes​. "Come on girls!" My mom yells for us.
"Coming." We both say back.

"Are we gonna walk there?" My sister askes.
"Yes it's not that far." My mom answers.

When we get there I go and knock on his door and he comes and opens the door and says "Hello ladies. Come on in." As he gestures us in his house.

"Thanks and hello to you too." I say smiling at him.
He says "I hope Italian is ok?"

My mom says "Italian is perfect."

"Great! I made spaghetti, chicken alfredo, homemade, both of them also I made salad and bread sticks. For drinks I have un-sweet tea and sweet tea i also have water and lemonade. Also I have a sweet surprise for after dinner" Jake said.

I say "That sounds great! Now I'm like starving."
"Me too." My sister agrees with me.
My mom says "Wow! You really out did your self. It dose all sound great!"

"Thank you! What could I get y'all to drink?" Jake asks.

I say "I'll take a water."
"I'll take a un-sweet tea." My mom says.
Grace says "I'll have lemonade."

"Ok so water, un-sweet tea and lemonade." Jake says.

"Yes. Is there anything I can help with?" My mom asks.

"No thank you though. If y'all would follow me I'll show y'all to the dinner table." Jake says as we follow him to the table.
"This is a very nice house. And you moved in yesterday correct?" My mom asks.

"Yes I did move in yesterday and I'm a very fast cleaner and decorator. Is what I have been told."
"Well you did a wonderful job." My mom quotes.
"Thank you! Your seats lady's." He says as he gustures to our seats.

I take the one on the side next to the head of the table. My mom and sister sit across from me. And than Jake comes in with the food and leaves again to get the drinks. He hands out the drinks and takes the seat next to mine. He says "Alright let's dig in."
"Ok could you hand me the chicken alfredo please?" I ask.
"Yes here you go." He says hanging me the bowl.

After dinner we are sitting on his couch in his living room as he makes our sweet surprise. When he comes in with brownies with chocolate chips and ice cream.
"Oh wow that looks so good." I say.
" Well here you are." He says as he hands us our desserts.

After a while of small talk he asks "So your going to be a senior? What high school are you going to?
I say "Gulf Breeze High."
"Oh you go to Gulf Breeze. My friend works there he teaches 12th history grade do you know him Mr. Long?" Jake asks
I say "Nope doesn't sound familiar hopefully I get him next year that will be cool."

"Sorry but we have to be going. We have to be up early, we have church tomorrow. Thank you again for tonight it was very delicious you will have to come over one night for dinner at our place." My mom says.

"Yes definitely." Jake says.
"Hey would you like to come to church tomorrow?" I ask.
"Huh I don't know what time is it?" Jake asks.
"It starts at 10:30." I say
"I'll try thanks for inviting me."

"No problem. Thank you for tonight. Bye Jake." I say smiling at Jake.
"Y'all are so very welcome. And bye Natalie. Bye Joyce. Bye Grace.
"Bye." We all say in unison. When I turn back he is still standing by the front door.
So I smile and wave to him.
He smiles and waves back.