seven

Alexandra

When she got back to her bedroom, Alexandra pulled out her cell phone and checked her messages. There were a few from Kai, and one from MJ. They were talking about some kind of bank robbery going on at that moment. She furrowed her eyebrows and opened up her messages with Kai.

Kai: are you watching the news right now?? some crazy guy is attacking the community bank!
6:45 PM

Kai: freaking crazy like honestly wth????
Now

Alexandra responded to Kai's texts before reading the ones from MJ.

what's going on, exactly?
6:56 PM

Kai: not sure. some guy with metal arms is robbing the bank
6:56 PM

She looked at the text from MJ.

MJ: Something weird is going on.
6:48 PM

yeah kai told me about the guy robbing the bank
6:57 PM

MJ: Is Spider-Man there yet?
6:57 PM

not sure
6:58 PM

Alexandra sighed and set her phone down. Just  then, a thought occurred to her. If Spider-Man was at the bank, or was going to be at the bank, then that would mean that Peter wasn't at home anymore. She grabbed her jacket and tugged it on, and climbed out her window.

She walked across the fire escape and over to Peter's bedroom window. She peered inside, only to find it empty. Her eyes widened, she was sure now. There was no way that Peter wasn't Spider-Man.

She climbed down the fire escape and down onto the pavement. Then she started to run. This probably wasn't her smartest idea, running towards a bank that was being robbed by a potentially dangerous psychopath, but she had to be sure. She had to hear Spider-Man's voice. If her best friend was a superhero, then she deserved to know the truth.

And if her parents asked why she had done something so stupid...? She would say she was taking pictures for the school newspaper. Yeah, that sounded believable, right? Except for the fact that she didn't have her camera with her...

Phone cameras work just as well.

The bank was only a few subway stops away from the apartment building. She quickly hopped on the subway and headed for the Community Bank. If either of her fathers knew what she was doing, they would go nuts. But at the moment, Alexandra didn't care what was crazy and what was sane. Peter could be putting his life in danger. What if he was hurt? Did he really think that this was a good idea?

The train came to a stop and the second the doors slid open, Alexandra leapt off of the train and headed towards the stairs. She headed out and up to the street. When she got up to the street, she immediately heard some sort of crash. That's when she saw a taxi being thrown through the air. It crashed to the ground, and Alexandra hoped that no one had been inside the car. She turned her head and looked towards the bank. That's when she saw them: Spider-Man and the man who was robbing the bank.

She had never seen anything like it; the man seemed to have four large mechanical arms attached to him and he was using them to pick up large objects and throw them at the wall crawling superhero. 

"Well that wasn't very nice!" She heard Spider-Man yell at the attacker. "Taxi drivers work hard, y'know!"

The attacker snarled and two of his mechanical arms wrapped around a lamp post and he ripped it from the ground. Spider-Man's eyes widened and he quickly jumped out of the way just as the attacker threw the post. Spider-Man whipped around and shot several webs at the lamp post, catching it midair so it wouldn't cause any damage or hurt any civilians.

Alexandra could hardly believe what she was seeing. This couldn't have been real. Was she dreaming? Guys like this didn't exist. Then again, a year ago, a guy running around Queens in a blue and red suit shooting webs from his arms seemed pretty crazy, too. Alexandra guessed that anything was possible.

She must have zoned out, because suddenly, there was a car being thrown in her direction. Alexandra's eyes widened and she tried to move out of the way, but it wasn't possible for her to get out of the way fast enough. She figured that was how she was going to die, but the car never hit her. She felt someone wrap their arms around her and she felt a gust of wind. When she opened her eyes, Alexandra was on the other side of the street and her rescuer was none other than Spider-Man.

"What are you doing here?!" Spider-Man asked her, obviously distraught.

"I came looking for you!" Alexandra replied. Now that she could hear his voice, she was certain.

Spider-Man ran a hand over his head and sighed. "You sure have a knack for getting into trouble," He said.

"Me?! You're the one out here in spandex—flipping around doing crazy shit!" 

"Jeez... okay, look, just wait here and try to stay out of trouble!" Spider-Man shot a web toward the bank and he was suddenly gone again. Alexandra looked over and saw the web crawler fighting against the man with mechanical arms.

This was surreal; Spider-Man was Peter. Peter was Spider-Man. There was no way he wasn't. She recognized his voice, she... she knew Spider-Man. Oh man her best friend was fighting a man with mechanical arms and he could get hurt! 

Suddenly, everything began to make sense... the night of Homecoming when Peter ran off, Liz's dad attacked the Stark Industries plane and it went down when Spider-Man appeared and stopped him. "Oh my God," Alexandra muttered. Her friend had gone down in a plane crash and afterwards had acted completely fine! She ran a hand through her hair and took a deep breath.

Peter wasn't at their study session because he was busy out being Spider-Man... Peter didn't ever have time to hang out with his friends anymore because he was out being a superhero... and Ned was acting so weird at lunch because he knew that Peter was Spider-Man!

So... so that meant, when that drunk man had Alexandra cornered in the ally and Spider-Man had saved her... Peter had actually been the one to save her. And he had proceeded to act completely surprised when she told him about it later.

This was a lot to process...

If this villain didn't kill Peter, then Alexandra was going to herself. 

"Look out!" Alexandra was snapped from her thoughts when she was again grabbed by Spider-Man and he swung them away from an oncoming attack by the man with mechanical arms. When Spider-Man turned around to face the man again, he had vanished. "Dammit!" He cursed. He then turned to Alexandra. "Are you all right? You're not hurt are you?" He asked.

The man with mechanical arms had taken this time to flee the scene. Within minutes, he was gone. Alexandra didn't really feel like worrying about that at that moment.

Alexandra looked at Spider-Man—Peter—her eyes wide in realization. The hero waved his hands in front of her face and snapped a few times. "Helloooo? You good?" He asked again.

She took a breath and said, "Peter?"