Starting Training

My long legs carried me at a smooth canter around the round pen.The trainer in the middle,who's name was Emily,clucked at me to move down into a trot,using the whip only to guide me,never hitting me with it.I quickly moved into a flowing trot,my legs gliding across the soft dirt and sand mix that was laid down in a few paddocks,some stalls,round pens,and the track itself.It was designed to be cushy,but firm.Emily said "whoa" just loud enough for me to hear.She walked over to the fence,turning her back to me.After a couple of seconds of her walking,I slowly walked over to her and put my large head over her shoulder."Good boy!"she praised.I wasn't sure what I did,but whatever.

                     A Few Weeks Later

         I was in the round pen again with Emily.She had laid out some stuff to desensitize me.She had me walk over a tarp,through some hanging stuff,and  she threw a big ball around.I didn't shy once.

                      Around A Month From The First Paragraph

                  She carried a small leather piece that I knew was called a saddle and a piece of pad that went under the saddle. She moved me around the pen and after a while she moved me in. I walked into the middle of the pen where Emily was and Nuzzled her pocket. She smiler and slowly put the saddle on me. It scared me, and I galloper around the circle with my tail and head high. After a few tries I finally let her put the saddle on me. She tied something around my stomach and I lightly kicked. She had me move around for a minute on the lunge and finally she stopped me. Victor walked into the pen and gave Emily what I knew as a leg up and Emily put some of her weight in the stirrup and after a few minutes of that she pit her weight fully into the saddle. She sat down and moved me off and lightly clucked. I moved into a nice, flowy trot and she smiled. After that she taught me many new commands under saddle over the next few weeks. I was a quick learner and my dad would walk by occasionally as I was trotting around and he seemed to beem with pride. That was one of the happiest moments of my life.

(Please comment, I do take suggestions! Oh and the picture is a drawing I did of my Breyer American Pharoah.)