Chapter 12: Mystery

So here I am standing outside my house, panicking. Why? Since it was already 8 freaking a.m and my ride wasn't here yet. What a great way to start a Friday! Yes, I'm being sarcastic again! Sorry can't help it. Okay so ride equals to Soph. So how can I go there without my ride? Classes starts in 23 minutes and I'm still at home. You're probably wondering why can't I just ask my mom to drive me? Well, she left a note right beside my breakfast saying

'Good Morning Sweetie! I'm going to your Aunt Marie's house to help her and her daughter Anne to choose her bridal gown! Enjoy your day! :) Xo -Mom.'

Such a great GREAT timing. The universe is really messing with me.

Of all the days! Why did mom have to go somewhere?! When I needed a ride the most!

So I decided to call Soph. Maybe she left me? No, of course not! Why would she?

As I dialed, a voice spoke right away. It was Soph's.

Hey! This is Sophie in the line. This is a voicemail so you're probably wondering why. It's either my phone is shut off or low bat. Just try to call me again. Bye!

I dialled and dialled again. It was still freaking the same! It was still Soph's voicemail answering her phone.

Damn it!!! Just great. I wonder if she's okay? Maybe she's sick? I hope she's alright.

What to do, what to do? Maybe I should go to her house and check. So I proceeded to her house without any second thoughts. It wasn't far anyway, you can call us neighbours since my house is just five houses away from hers.

Ding dong. Ding dong. I pressed the doorbell.

"Good Morning, Jessica!" It was Sophie's mom. She was blonde just like Sophie and beautiful too. Sophie and her mom shared lots of similarities in their appearance. Her mom didn't looked age at all even thou-- Okay! Back to panicking!

"Good Morning, Aunt Lori! Is Soph here?" I asked quickly since I was already panicking.

"I'm afraid she's not. She already left an hour go. Why aren't you in school? Didn't your ride with her?" She asked worriedly.

"Oh, okay. Thanks Aunt Lori! I guess I woke up late that I didn't catch up with her." I lied. I freaking woke up early and she left me.

"Sure, Jess. Tell your mom that I said hi and we should hang out soon." She smiled.

"Alright, bye Aunt Lori!" I said trying my best to smile. Why the hell did Soph left me??!?? She better have an explanation for this.

Shit. 10 more minutes and classes will start.

Taxi!!!!! Thank god.

I hopped in the taxi and told him where to. Checking the time, 6 minutes more minutes and the freaking bell will ring. I am so pissed at Soph right now! I couldn't wait to hear her explanation so I decided to call Adam. She's obviously with Adam, that's why.

Ring.

Ring.

Why is Adam taking so long to answer? Ugh.

On the fourth ring, he finally answered.

"Hey Jess, where are you? Soph has been worried sick." Adam said on the line. Ugh then why did she leave me and why didn't she just borrow your phone to call me?!

"Can I speak to her now?" I said but I already heard Soph's voice asking him to give her the phone.

"Jess!!! Where the hell are you!?!?" Sophie yelled from the phone. Why is she mad? She's the one who left me!!!