A sad morning

Stars POV

Toffee was dead!! YAY!!! Marco still hadn't said anything about my confessing to him it's as if he just forgot. He probably wants to pretend that it never happened. My mom let me return to the Diaz house. I'm not sure i wanted to come back. Not really. It would be soooo awkward! Jackie Lynn Thomas is Marcos girlfriend. Or i guess... waasss? Cos i never see her around anymore. Sure, i see her at school, but Marco seems to have forgotten all about her. I don't know if I'm glad or... just ashamed that I've come between them both. I feel so useless.

I buried my head in my pillow. I was up all night. I was exhausted but I couldn't seem to be able to sleep. I heard Marco on the phone downstairs.

"Hey! Jackie. I know i know I'm sorry. It's just, you know star- yes of course Jackie, i still like you and i do want you to keep being my girlfriend. I'm only not telling star that because... ummm... you know what. NO I DONT HAVE A CRUSH ON HER!!!! FOR THE THOUSANTH TIME IM IN LOVE WITH YOU JACKIE!! AND NOTHING CAN CHANGE THAT!! Not even star... she's just my friend and that is all she'll ever be i promise. Yeah I'm ignoring that incident too. Okay. Luv ya too. Bye."

Was that really Marco saying all that? I can never be anything more than just a friend; no I'm not even a best friend anymore! I'm just a nuisance to him. I want to leave this place. But where can i go? If i return to Mewni my parents will suspect something's wrong. I can't let them know this pain that I'm in. i can't let anyone know.

Tears started to fall down my face. Staining the broken hearts that lay on my cheeks, which relayed the hurt that burned in my chest. I slowly went towards my bedroom door and locked it, on my way back to my bed i picked up my star patterned earmuffs; to make sure no more unwanted and hurtful sounds could disturb me.

I started to doze off; my sheets caressed my wet cheeks. And before i knew it the sun had started to rise. I had fallen asleep for quite some time.

I can't go to school today. I just can't. My exhaustion and heartache resulted in a terrible headache. I glanced at the clock which was coming out of the shadows as the sun started to rise. 6:50 Am.*i had been asleep for only 1 and a half hours* a good enough time to start the day... washed my face and forced most of my anguish away as to fix the broken hearts on my face.

I staggered down the stairs in a hurry. The hurry was mostly due to the fact that my headache was getting worse and i really needed an aspirin.

Marcos POV

I had just finished calling Jackie. She had accused me of having a crush on star!! I MEAN RIGHT TO MY FACE!!! She has no right to make such bizarre claims on my part. Though that question got me thinking... do i? I mean, have a crush on star? Nah! Right?! I'm not so sure.

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard the familiar sound of my phone. The song that had frustrated me. The one star had put for me. The song that I had grown to love. But that doesn't mean I love star? Does it? Curse you Jackie for putting that idea into my mind.

I reached for the phone.

"Hello?"

"Thank goodness. Marco?"

"Wait, Queen Moon?! Why are you calling me?"

"I have something to inform you about and ask you."

"Sure but what is it? Is there anything wrong?"

She sighed. "Before i tell you, how is star doing?"

"Ummm... I'm not really sure. She has been acting quite strange and withdrawn..." i walk towards her room and lightly press my ear against her door. Little sobs escaped her room, alarming me. "Queen Moon! You there?! Star is crying in her room!"

"Oh my dear!! Poor Star! Can you ask her if she's okay?"

"Yeah i will. I'll ask her when she comes down for breakfast."

"I really feel, you're not taking care of her properly Marco. I mean, it was you who fought to keep her there with you, and i want you to promise to take extra good care of her, alright? I shouldn't even have to tell you this!"

"I'm sorry Queen Moon. I promise I'll take better care of her. It's just i haven't been myself lately. I'm just soo confused!!!"

"I understand Marco. So, i need you to tell star that she needs to come to Mewni as soon as she possibly can. Don't worry it's not an extreme emergency!

What is it though?"

"You will find out soon enough. Because you're coming with her. I need you to make sure she is safe and doesn't do anything regrettable."

"I promise i will do my best Queen Moon. I couldn't bear something bad happening to her. She- she means so much to me."

I started to tear; i started to choke with emotion. I lost her once, and I'm not going to lose her again.

"Sorry, i don't know what's come over me."

"It's okay Marco. Those tears comfort me in ways you might not understand."

Stars POV

Marco was in the kitchen making nachos. He turned around and smiled at me.

"You're up early."

"Wait you're not going to school?"

"Nope and I presume you aren't either"

"Yeaaahh"

"Star are you okay?"

Yeah why wouldn't I be? I mean you just broke my heart into a million tiny pieces that even Mewnian glue cannot fix because the pieces are too tiny to even fix together in the first place. Yeah totally okaayyy!!!

"Yeah I'm fiiinnee"

"Oh your mum called she said you needed to get to Mewni as soon as possible."

"Oh. Why didn't she call me?"

"She wanted to make sure I came along as well. She was quite insistent. Said that I needed to keep a keen eye on you. Do you know what it is?"

"Nope. I don't have a clue."

I reached for an aspirin from the top shelf of the pantry cupboard.

I plastered a smile on my face, i wasn't depressed or anything, i just couldn't find a reason to be happy "I guess there's only one way to find out!"