Chapter Nine.

POE DAMERON WAS FREAKING OUT

Unlike many of the other Resistance fighters, who were celebrating their most recent fight against the tyrannical First Order, Poe Dameron was by his x-wing, pacing back and forth when he got the news on the radio that Arabella had been taken by Kylo Ren. The man swore profusely under his breath, and his accompanying mechanic decided it was best to leave him be the moment he had hopped out of the ship.

"I'm going to kill him," he muttered to himself, his hands clenched into tight fists. His face was so red that one may have thought he'd popped a blood vessel. "I'm going to kill him."

Poe Dameron hated Kylo Ren more than anything in the world, despite the close friendship they had shared as children. Poe hated the man on behalf of Arabella, he had realized a long time ago. He knew how much Arabella had loved the boy they called Ben Solo, and the way his betrayal ripped her apart like she was nothing more than a piñata angered the man with a nefarious power.

Poe Dameron had only been a child when he found Arabella abandoned in only a blanket which had her wrapped up like a burrito in a random store on Tattooine. His day had begun with his father giving him flying lessons, and they had made their way to the planet of two suns in the afternoon to see the sky turn into a pink pastel under the sunset.

They had been walking through the town, to the nearby cantina, when Poe heard the childish cries from a nearby building. Like the noise had magnetized him, he followed the cries until he found the baby which had been placed on the back of a shelf in the fruit shop. The baby cried profusely and it was the first time Poe had ever seen something so upsetting.

Poe's father, clearly distraught by the scene, was convinced by his son to take the newborn home with them. Poe had cradled the baby like it was a fine glass vase on the flight home and quickly showed General Leia Organa, who's heart went out to the child. Ever since that day, Poe has spent every waking hour trying to protect Arabella. She was a sister to him and he hated seeing her hurt. He would have done anything to prevent the woman from meeting unrecoverable pain.

As he paced back and forth, Poe Dameron realized that it was the over-dramatic Force-user that had been the cause for Arabella's heartbreak. Maybe if she had never met Ben Solo, Arabella would have been in a much better place.

He realized that he would have to get rid of Kylo Ren, to stop Arabella from hurting.

"I'm going to kill him," he told himself before he heard a voice call his name. His snapped his head up and furrowed his brows when he saw the familiar dark-skinned boy walking towards him.

An uncontrollable smile spread onto Poe's face as he found himself running into the boy's arms.

"I thought you were dead," Finn told him, absolutely flabbergasted by being in the presence of such a remarkable man.