Chapter 3

I rushed home and decided I was going to talk with Nathan. I had a plan. I wanted to re-enroll at my high school and attend as a new student. I'd dye my hair and actually try to look like a girl. Well, a girl who actually cared to look cute. I wanted to get revenge for all the mean things the popular kids have done to everyone else. Maybe it was just the adrenaline because I could feel my heart beat beating quicker and my fingers were kind of shaking. I just needed to do something. 

           It felt like hours until Nathan got home. I was messing around on Facebook, stalking the popular kids' Facebook pages of who needed to be served by karma when Nathan opened the front door. I was sitting on our comfortable leather couch and drinking some pop.

           "Hey, Iris," He smiled as he walked into the living room. He sat on the couch opposite to me and grabbed a handful of the popcorn I had poured into a bowl.

           "Hey, Nath," I murmured. I shut down my Apple Mac and closed it on my lap. I looked up at him and started to prepare what I was going to say.

           "Oh, God, what the hell have you done?" He asked with a frown.

           "Nothing," I scuffed, "Well, nothing yet." He quirked an eyebrow, telling me to continue. "I was at school today, and this douche was making fun of a gay kid. He was calling him a faggot and all this other shit, Nath. I went and stood up for the kid but it isn't enough." He leaned over to the bowl on the table between us and grabbed some more popcorn.

           "What do you mean 'it isn't enough'?" He asked. I sighed.

           "The popular kids at school don't know how much damage they do. They just bully others because they're different. It isn't fair, Nath, at my old school it wasn't like that. I want to get back at them," I told him. He sighed and sat up straighter.

           "Iris...you know that getting revenge isn't something you should do," He murmured to me. I could just hear his psychiatrist side talking, "Just try talking it out with them. Maybe they'll change."

           "Nathan, no. You know what, that's bull shit and you know it. You know what high school is like and you know that they won't change. I don't care what you say, I'm going to do this with or without your help," I said as I stood up.

           "Sit down and tell me what you think your plan is."

           "It's simple, really," I told him as I sat down, "I'm going to change my look completely and go back into the school as a new kid."

           "And just how do you think you're going to be able to do that?" Nathan asked.

           "Dustin from my old school is a genius. He's able to hack into the school's server and will be able to get me signed up as a new student."

           "Iris...I don't know if this is a good idea," He said. I refrained from rolling my eyes, knowing that would only piss him off more.

           "Honestly, I don't really freaking care if it's a bad idea or good one. I need to do this."

           "I'm just going to say now, I will act as if I don't know what you're doing, alright? I don't want to be involved in this whatsoever. It's wrong, but I understand why you're doing this. Comprendé?"

           "Yes!" I smiled standing up. I ran to my room wanting to inform Dustin. I clicked his contact number on my phone and waited for him to answer.

           "Hello?" 

           "Dusty! Hey! It's Iris! It's been a while," I said quickly. I jumped onto my bed feeling all this new-found energy. Dustin laughed.

     "Oh God, what're you up to? You never sound this excited unless you're up to something," Dustin pointed out. I rolled onto my back.

           "Well, are you still a computer whiz?"

           "Yes, why?" He asked. I quickly explained what had happened at school earlier. "Um...it'll take some effort, but I can do it..I think."

           "Sweet! Thanks, Dusty! Just text me when you figure it all out, okay?"

           "Gotcha! I'll text you later, bye."

           "Bye!" I added. I hung up and walked over to the mirror in my room. I pulled at my hair and sighed. I would have to do something with it. I called a salon a little ways out of town and they somehow had an appointment for later today. I gave her my details and hung up shortly after that. I decided I'd also get some contacts. I've always wanted to try them out, so what they hell, they can become part of my disguise. I'd defiantly need to go shopping. I'd need what the popular girls wore. I'd get some skinny jeans, low-cut shirts, short shorts, mini skirts, anything I can see the Queen Bee of the school wearing. 

---

           "Iris...what did you do?!" Nathan questioned as I wandered down to the kitchen the next morning. I rolled my eyes at him.

           "Calm down, Nath, it'll eventually go back to my normal color," I answered, referring to my newly dyed dark, red hair. Yesterday was filled with a bunch of shopping and the hair appointment. While I was out and about I decided I had wanted to get my ears double-pierced and my nose pierced. I could tell Jason was on the verge of exploding. I could practically see the steam coming out of his ears.

           "You're taking this so...far," He murmured, struggling with his wording. 

           "Well, obviously. I have to make this as real as I can. This is just like an field experiment," I said as I fished out my Fruit Loops from the cupboard. He finished his coffee and stood up. He was dressed in a suit, his normal attire for work.

           "I'll see ya later, sis, alright? I have a few patients today," He told me acting as if I didn't completely change my appearance. I nodded my head and we said our goodbyes. I heard the door shut behind him and I poured myself some cereal, excited and nervous for Monday to come.