Chapter 6

Thanks to Jason, I had about fifty friend requests on Facebook by the time I got to school the next day. About a third of them were the popular kids and then the rest were probably just adding me because of Jason. It felt as though each and every 'confirm friend request' on Facebook made me a little more popular within the school. Just on my way to A.P. English I had students saying 'hi' to me and saying my name. It was funny thinking about it because never once before had they been so welcoming when I was here as myself. I was somewhat happy when Jason didn't follow me to my first hour. I hadn't seen him today and it was insanely quiet.

"Hey! New girl!" I heard someone call. I didn't know if they were talking to me. I mean really, someone else could have been the new kid. I turned around and thought my mouth dropped to the floor when I saw who it was. Taylor Jacobson. She was smiling widely at me and waving her hand. Behind her were her two little friends, Hannah and Shannon. I looked behind me, checking to see if her greeting was directed towards me. Seeing as how no one was behind me, I assumed it was. Her and her two minions walked over to my locker.

"Um, hi," I nodded awkwardly. What was their reason for talking to me? Hannah was glaring at the floor and Shannon was looking me over with distaste.

"I'm sure you already know this, but I'm Taylor, and this is Hannah and Shannon," She introduced, gesturing towards the two girls when she said their names. Shannon was a natural blonde, but dyed her hair brown. Her brown eyes were hard to see with all the make-up she wore. She was only 5'4", which was shorter than Taylor's 5'7" and Hannah's 5'6" heights. Hannah had green eyes and long blonde hair. Challenging the stereotypes against blondes, Hannah was actually really smart. She just decided to worry more about her make-up than grades sometimes.

"I'm Blake," I said, nodding my head.

"Well, duh," Taylor giggled, "We know who you are, silly!" I wanted to shake her and ask who the hell she was. For as long as I could remember Taylor didn't associate with new kids. And she was never this...nice towards people who weren't in her circle of friends.

"Oh," I murmured. I really didn't know what to say anymore. I'm never good with conversations with people I don't really know (or like).

"Anyway...I wanted to know if you wanted to sit with us during lunch today," Taylor continued. I sat with Jason usually...who sat with them...did they really not notice me? Wait, and what was this, Mean Girls? Did they vote for it before I could sit with them?

"Um, sure," I answered when I realized they were waiting for my answer. Taylor didn't look surprised. I guess when the queen bee of high school asks you to sit with her you usually do it. That made me wish I had said no! I would have loved to see what she would have done if someone said 'no' to her for the very first time!

"Good, we'll see you at lunch," She nodded dismissively. All three turned and walked down the hallway, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I shook my head and grabbed my English book from my locker.

"You just signed your soul over to the devil," A small voice told me. I turned to my right and saw Chris, the boy who made me start this whole ordeal. I instantly gave him a smile.

"Hey!" I grinned at him. He looked taken back and I saw him lean backwards a bit.

"Hello," He answered. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and turned back to his locker.

"So...what's your name?" I asked awkwardly. I didn't want to let his name slip and seem really creepy about it.

"Chris."

"Well, don't you want to know mine?" I asked confused as to why he didn't ask for mine.

"Why? I don't like knowing the names of people who torment me," He muttered. I looked at him in shock. He thought I was going to torment him? If only he knew...