Chapter 5

"Ok guys, sound check time!" The manager yelled. That's when the nerves started to kick in. I was actually going to PERFORM in front of a HUGE crowd. Just let that sink in for a moment. I went over to Michael to see if he could help. "Hey Mikey." I said. "Hey bub what's up?" He asked. "I'm really scared..about tonight." I blushed. "Aww my baby's scared!" He said in a baby tone. "Mikey I'm serious!" "Yeah I know, you'll be fine, you're an amazing singer, you have nothing to worry about. If you're that scared, would you like me and the boys to come sing with you?" "Sure I'd love that." I pecked him on the cheek and we left for sound check. "Ari, you nervous?" Cal asked. "Fuck yes. I'm shit scared." "Is it alright if we go out and sing with Ari if she wants?" Michael asked the boys, "Sure! We'll make it a surprise." Ashton said. "We also have one more surprise up our sleeve" Luke winked. "What!" I asked excitedly. "One Direction are tour with us as well!" "Holy shit really?! Why didn't you tell me?!!" I replied. "We wanted to keep it a secret." Michael smirked. "I can't believe this is fucking happening." I said smiling.

When we pulled up to the venue, the boys of 1D were standing outside waiting for us. My heart started pounding. We got out and I introduced myself. "Hi guys I'm Ariana!" "Nice to meet you" they said. "You're gorgeous!" Harry said. I blushed. Michael gave Harry a unpleasant look. I don't think Harry knows about Michael and I. "So Ariana, what brings you along?" Niall asked. "I'm another supporting act!" I smiled. "That's amazing!" Harry smiled. Michael kept quiet the whole way. Guys. Gotta love 'em. "Ok guys who's ready to sing?!" Louis yelled. "We are!" The boys of 5SOS said. "Ok you guys go first, we'll stay and watch with Ariana." Harry said. "Ok, sure." Luke said. Michael didn't say a word. They boys walked to the stage when suddenly Michael pulled Ashton to the side. "Ashton, Harry's hitting on my girl." He said angrily. "Dude! Chillax! They've only just met, how do you know he has a thing for her?" "I don't, besides he won't, I'm going to keep a close eye on him.." Michael said darkly. "Ok, just let it go for the moment, we have sound check to do." Ashton replied. They boys started started to tune their guitars, and Ashton adjusted him drums. "So Ariana, where you from?" Zayn asked. "I'm from Cali." I said sweetly. "Lovely! I love that place, BEST food there!" Niall replied. "Haha" I laughed. "How'd you get involved in the tour?" Liam asked. "I ran into Michael on the street, and the boys took me out for lunch and then they asked me there! It was a total surprise!" I chuckled. "That's awesome!" Louis said. "Oi, Ash he's sitting next to her." "Who?" "Harry." "Dude, you're overreacting, just don't worry about it." "Whatever." Simmer down, simmer, down," Luke sang. You look so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear!.." The boys sang. I watched Michael. He was looking at me. I winked at him. He gave me a smile. "Alright boys that was awesome!" The boys practiced a couple more songs and then it was my go. Shit. I never had my own songs so I performed some covers.

"Alright Ari, you're next!" "Bye guys, see ya soon" I said. "Bye, you'll do great up there!" I started walking to the stage, when I walked up to Michael. "Are you ok? You've been acting funny ever since I met Harry." "Yeah I'm fine, you do good up there" He faked a smile. "Ok.." I said, unsure of myself. I got up on stage and got my guitar, tuned it and started singing Timeless by Reece Mastin. "Restless, so damn restless, I won't let you off my mind, Timeless you stand before me, holding heaven in your hands" I sang. "I, I'm not afraid, I can't explain, the way I'm feeling now.. " as I was singing I noticed Michael wasn't sitting next to Harry. That's odd. After I finished, I wrote down my set list. My intro song was going to be Rock N Roll by Avril Lavigne. 1. The Way- Ariana Grande (we have the same name!) 2. Timeless- Reece Mastin, 3. I Love La- Emblem3 (just to remind me where I'm from) 4. Team- Lorde, 5. Notice Me- Alli Simpson, and last but no least, Teenage Dirtbag (5SOS were coming on with me). Let the shows begin.