Chapter 4: Gaara's Determination

Hey, guys! This chapter is going to be about a few flashbacks of the days that Gaara and Sakura, including the Konoha 11 and the Sand siblings that they had spent time together. Furthermore, it will have a few of sentimental scenarios that I've already written for this part. Check out the Gaara AMV called "Undone" before you start reading this chapter. It's very emotional and intense to see every other scenes of Gaara from the anime, which really describes him as one of the strongest people who are willing to do the right thing and never gives up hope.

Anyways, please read & review! :)

FLASHBACK:

A month later after the latest incident with bringing back Sasuke, the leaf shinobi decided to take a break from their training and make plans to spend time with their families and friends around town. A few of them were taking an afternoon stroll while they were having a friendly conversation amongst themselves.

The white blonde-haired kunoichi yawns tiredly as she stretches out her arms, saying. "Ahh. It sure feels nice to be out in this fresh, breezy weather."

"Yeah... It does,"  the pink-haired kunoichi murmured softly in agreement.

"You sound a little glum. Are you feeling alright, Sakura?" Ino asked curiously when she glanced at her.

"Hehe... Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" Sakura slowly nervously.

"Hmm. You miss them, don't you?" Ino guessed it right.   

Sakura looked away silently and didn't bother to answer her.

"Hey. At least, we have the opportunity to enjoy our time with others, you know. Even if Naruto and Sasuke have been away for a couple of months now, it doesn't mean you could stay sad. I get that a lot," Ino said thoughtfully.

"You're right. I should be happy and more relaxed," Sakura agreed with a nod.

"Have you ever contact your other friend, Gaara?" The white blonde-haired kunoichi asked with a chirp

"Sometimes, but he seems busy tutoring his student, Matsuri, at the Ninja Program. He barely responds to my letters that much," the pink-haired kunoichi stated with a tired sigh.

"Well, you know. I heard from Shikamaru that Gaara and his siblings are going to visit here and have a two-week vacation here," Ino mentioned happily.

"They are?" Sakura's eyes widened in astonishment.

"Yeah. Isn't that great news?!" Ino jumped excitedly.

"Hmm," Sakura nodded and looks up at the sky in hopes to see her best friend again. She is thinking of giving him a small present as a surprise before he arrives in the evening. She could not pinpoint on what it would be and the only thing that she has in her mind is food. But what kind? Certainly, desserts are always the best choice for most people who have a sweet tooth. Although, she does not know if Gaara likes strawberries with chocolate dips or not. Either way, it doesn't really matter since it is a surprise. But, does it?  She shrugged off the negative thought and continues to keep walking with Ino