Chapter 12: Konoha 11's Day Out

I wrote this as an extra part of this story where the leaf squad traveled to a mysterious island. This will only be a preview on the next chapter of GaaSaku story. 

Anyways, please enjoy reading & reviewing! 

The following week was a fresh start for everyone around the leaf village. Getting back to their usual daily routine made them have a good motivation to finish what they had already started. They took a few minutes to take a break, and sometimes, they took the longest. Although, life wasn't always that perfect and easy for the youngsters like Sakura and the others. They have already gotten a permission from lady Tsunade to travel to an island that they are about to discover. 

As they all gathered in the main entrance, the fifth Hokage and the rest of the jounin were now informing the instructors to ensure the safety of their teammates. 

"I hope you don't get lost on the way there," she informed firmly.

"Oh, don't worry, lady Tsunade. We will make sure that nothing can cause any harm to these kids," Asuma said smoothly while clenching his teeth on the toothpick.

"Yup. It's a vacation," Guy pointed out. 

"But still, you need to be careful. Remember as I've told you the other day, right?" Tsunade asked with assurance.

Kakashi and the others nodded for an answer. 

"Good. As always, have a safe trip and you have a week to return here because I have several missions for you to be assigned," she reminded. 

"No problem," Kurenai replied. 

"We will miss you, Granny. See you on the other side-" Naruto grinned sheepishly until Sakura punched him on the head.

"Jeez. It's only going to be for a week, you idiot," she muttered in irritation. 

Everyone else chuckled at that and waited for a few minutes to say a few words to each other. 

"Man, I can't believe this. This is going to be so much fun!" Choji bumped his fist up in the air. 

"Oh yeah! Tell me about it! I'm all hyped up!" Kiba puts his arms behind his head, whereas Akamaru barked in agreement. 

"Damn. The four of us will be having a girls' get together kind of thing once we get there. Wouldn't you want that?" Tenten asked excitingly. 

"Yes! And we will also be swimming at the beach, getting our bodies tanned, and playing volleyball," Ino said dreamily. 

"What about food?" Hinata stammered in a question.

"Don't worry, I'm sure the guys will do it for us. After all, we are only girls," Ino stated haughtily. 

"Hm. Well, we have to figure it out because it has to be fair for everyone," Sakura said correctly.

On the other hand, the boys were huddled in a circle where they started talking about a few things among themselves.

"So who's bringing bottles of wine, beer, alco-" Kiba started to ask, but got interrupted quickly.

"Absolutely not. There is no way we can bring those over there," Shino declined and continued. "Besides, nobody wants to get drunk."

"Yeah, don't you think, Lee?" Neji asked with a smirk.

"Oh come on. I'm not that super drunk. I swear," Lee defended himself. 

"Sure, you might be 'Drunken Fist' and all that shit," Kiba laughed hysterically. 

"Who knew," Shikamaru closed his eyes for a moment with a smirk and continued. "Like what Tsunade said, we have to be careful with our surroundings."

"Yup yup. Shika here is right," Choji nodded as he started to munch hastily on one of the potato chips he just brought. 

"Ugh. Gee, can't you even take a break from eating those junk?" Ino slightly remarked distastefully. 

"Let's not provoke him, guys," Guy approached them and patted on Lee's shoulder, asking. "Are you all ready to go?"

"Yeah!!!" The leaf squad shouted in harmony.

"This is going to be so thrilling!" Sakura beamed happily. 

"Let's get going," Kakashi noted.

"See you soon, lady Tsunade and everyone!" Naruto exclaimed and waved goodbye as they did the same thing. 

 Then, the rest of the teams began to part their ways from the village as soon as possible while it was bright and sunny all day long. 

On the contrary, they didn't even noticed that someone else was following them. But who could it be under the dark shadows of the trees and even behind the wooden logs? 

One thing for sure is that the mysterious person is actually the other half. Her wicked smile brings a few more unknown events of misfortunes and most likely, a destruction, upon those who are eventually going to encounter.