Chaper 1

Caspar's POV

The sound of my alarm clock startles me, and I quickly hit snooze and roll over. It's Friday. I have mixed feelings about Fridays. I don't mind them, it's the end of the week, but I'm always really tired and I never do anything. Partly because I'm not super popular, don't get me wrong, I'm known. But every Friday we have dinner with Graham, Zoë, and Joe. Except Joe is never there and Zoë is only sometimes with us. Joe goes out partying or with his girlfriend, Summer. Zoë has a very serious boyfriend, Alfie, and he practically lives with them. Either Zoë is out with Alfie, or he comes to dinner with us. Joe hasn't been there since the last day of middle school. We used to be best friends, and I still think about him but he's clearly moved on. I like to think that he just got new friends and became popular but something else happened on the last day I hung out with him. It was the day I came out. He never seemed to be homophobic, but I guess he thought that I might like him or try to make a move on him. I have seen him since then, but only in the hall. Sometimes I wave at him, but he just gives me a sad smile or pretends he didn't see me. It's been 3 years since that day, and I'm in my third year of high school, nearing the end of the year. I like summer, but I get bored and lonely. I used to hang out with Joe for practically the whole summer. Now I have Oli and Josh, but we aren't as close as Joe and I were. My sister Theo is always out, with her boyfriend or with Zoë. Unlike Joe and I, Zoë and Theo are still very close.

The alarm goes off again, shaking me out of my thoughts. I groan and get up, going to the toilet and having a shower before heading downstairs and being greeted by Mum.

"Morning sweet, want me to make you breakfast?"

"I'm fine Mum, I don't want you to have to do these things for me."

"Caspar. It's breakfast it's not hard and you need to eat. Now go get ready and I'll make it." I sigh and nod before going back upstairs and getting ready. When I come down, as promised, I eat. Then I kiss Mum goodbye and get in my car to head to school.

Classes fly by and before I know it, it's lunch. I find the table with Oli and Josh and some of my other friends.

"Hey mate, how are you?" Oli asks cheerily.

"I'm fine, you?" Oli nods and replies with a good. I continue to talk to Oli for a moment until Josh pulls me away from the table and into the toilets.

"Are you really ok?" Josh is always looking out for me, I tell him everything so he knows about the Joe situation. Not that it's a big deal, just a fallout but Joe was like a brother to me.

"I'm really ok, Josh."

"Do you think he's gonna be there tonight?" He asks me this every Friday.

Joe's POV

I'm sitting at the lunch table when I see him. I need to forget him, he probably doesn't think about me anymore. It's been 3 years. I need a distraction. I grab summer by the hand and drag her towards the school.

"Joe what are you doing?" She hisses at me. I simply pull her into the boys toilets and kiss her heatedly.

"Joe!" She squeals, realizing what I'm doing. She kisses me back and pulls me into a stall. A couple minutes later, as Summer is undoing my belt, I hear the door to the toilet being opened. I nod for Summer to keep going, putting a finger to my lips, signalling her to be silent. She nods excitedly and drops to her knees as I tangle my fingers in her hair.

Seconds later, I hear his voice. He's with someone, I think his name is Josh.

"I'm really ok, Josh." I hear him say, he sounds annoyed. Summer looks up at me, confused. I put a finger up, telling her to stop for a moment. She continues to look confused but stops her movements, watching my facial expressions.