Chapter 3

Caspar's POV

"Caspar are you sure you know how to braid hair?"  Summer asks me one day, I'm sitting with her on her bed, trying to do her hair.  I told her that I know how to braid hair, of course I was lying.

"Trust me, I'm doing great."  It's very hard to work with her hair.  First thing, it's down to her waist, and it's so fluffy it's literally everywhere.

Summer and I became pretty good friends in the past week.  We hung out all of Saturday and Sunday on that weekend when we helped Joe.  I've pretty much forgotten about that situation.  It's not a big deal though, we didn't even talk much.  Almost every day since then Summer and I hung out after school.  We usually just go to one of our houses, but one time she made me come shopping with her.

The shopping trip was... interesting.  I hated it, I didn't like giving fashion advice and Summer made me carry all of her bags.  At first I thought that she just assumed I like to shop because I'm gay, but then I found out she takes Joe shopping too.

It is now Friday, one week after the incident.  Summer and I are having a sleepover, and it's the first time I've missed a family dinner with the Suggs.  But my mom told me over and over that it was fine and to not worry about it, because mom likes Summer a lot.

After Summer discovered my huge secret; I don't know how to braid hair, we watched a movie and had popcorn.  After the movie we didn't know what to do, so we watched another movie.  I know, so exciting.

By now it is 8pm and Summer fell asleep.  Obviously we're not going to bed yet, that would be so lame.  But it's a good time for a nap, so I close my eyes and drift off...

I wake up to a really loud and constant sound.  I shove Summer.

"Summerrrrrrrr... make your dog shut up!!!"  I whine and I hear Summer cackle loudly.

"Oh my god, Caspar, I don't have a dog!  That's my phone!"  Oh, weird dream, I guess.

"Hello?"  Summer answers the phone.

"Oh, Joe, why is your caller ID blocked?"

"Actually forget the ID thing, what are you doing?"

"Joseph!  We talked about the drinking, you're going to get alcohol poisoning for god's sake."

"Yeah, I'll come get you.  Where are you?"

"Okay babe, I'm on my way."
Omg.  Almost a repeat of last Friday.  Jesus.

"Sorry Casp, it's Joe.  Would you come with me to pick him up?"  Summer asks nicely.

"Yeah, of course." 

Shortly after, Summer and I are in her car.

"So does this happen often?  Joe getting drunk of his ass and calling you to pick him up?"  I wonder aloud.

"Yeah.  About once a week."

"Jeez, at this rate, he'll need a liver transplant before he's 30.  Where is he, anyway?" 

"Fluid."

"Fluid?  As in the club on the other side of town?  What the hell is wrong with this boy and where did he get his fake ID?"  I'm honestly starting to think that Joe is crazy.

"I know, right?  Anyway, sorry I had to drag you into this.  He said he was hanging out with one of his mates today, I guess he lied."  Summer apologizes to me.